News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RIMFIRE KD 200YD, SACRAMENTO, CA MAY 15-16, 2021

Started by NorCal22Gal, May 21, 2021, 12:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

The first NorCal 200yd Rimfire KD is in the books.  And it was a great one!!!

7 students arrived ready for the challenge that is KD. 

After a safety briefing we got starting with reviewing slings, prone, npoa and 6 steps.  Then IMC....and come ups and come downs...wind?.....well a little...do we make the adjustment or just hold over a little...hmmmm

We spent Saturday getting everyone sighted in.  Lots of walking, calculating and adjusting.  Lots of helping each other out.  Equipment issues...of course.   :wb:

Sunday. 

The Morgan's Shingle Challenge was issued.

Zeros verified, fine tuned.  More IMC and reminders to WRITE IT DOWN.

Frustration levels rose at the challenge presented during the AQT's.  "Did I make that change?  Oh bleeep, I went the wrong way...." 

Jack and Karl mastered the KD....40/50 for Jack, 44/50 for Karl.  Awesome job guys!!   ^:)^

Morgan's Shingle challenge called many, but only a few earned the coveted spot...Chris, prone and standing, Dustin, prone, Karl, prone, Jack, prone and standing.  HUZZAH!!!   :bow:

This event was a challenge for both the students and the instructors.  We all learned something. 

Thank you to all of you for helping us not only set up but tear down and clean up as well.  Your help was greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you to my instructors, you were as usual, amazing!!

See you all at the next one. 

Laurie

Instructors:

Laurie          NorCal22gal    Shoot Boss
Joe                eaglescouter
Vinnie           Vinnie
Linda             Ducky
Walter            Walter
Darryl            3Huzzahs
Chris              Pathogen
Gareth            300Brit

Vinnie

Thank you Laurie and all instructors for putting this on (and for all students who attended)... GREAT EVENT!

Azul

Super fun, super challenging and super educational. I had a great time! I think I adjusted my scope more this weekend than all of the scope adjusting in my life combined. First thing when I got back home was fix the eye relief on my rifle, I'm ready for the next one! Thank you to all of the great instructors that are willing to put their time in and teach us the right way to shoot!!

NorCal22Gal

TallSteve

Sounds like Great Fun!  and a heck of a learning experience!

Vinnie, Thank you for posting that table.  That might save a lot of people some frustration!!

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Dipstick

Sorry to miss this one.  I will not miss the next!  (Wife is feeling much better)

NorCal22Gal

Glad to hear that!!  Look forward to seeing you out there!!!

Quote from: Dipstick on June 02, 2021, 02:42:15 PM
Sorry to miss this one.  I will not miss the next!  (Wife is feeling much better)