News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pistol IBC Cheyenne, WY - AAR - May 14 and 15, 2021

Started by ScubaSteve, May 17, 2021, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScubaSteve

A great group of folks just proved that not only will a rifleman persist so will a Pistoleer™.  Nine shooters from 4 different states converged in Cheyenne Wyoming for a pistol IBC.

Friday started out with great weather and a review of our pistol manual and procedures. By lunch we were off to the range to shoot the course of fire for an Appleseed pistol clinic. Mother nature however had a different plan. Although the weather was great for a while storms moved in, lighting and hail interrupted our late day PQT. That said a Pistoleer™ will persist. Once the weather cleared we went back to shooting. Day one found two Pistoleer™ scores and several in the Sharpshooter range.

Day two started with horrible weather and break out groups practicing all the demos that we do for a pistol class. When finished, just too show how far we had come in such a short period of time one by one each instructor came up in front of the class and did one demo each for the entire group. As expected this group did very well on all the demos.  The weather was taking its toll on the shooters before we ever left the security of our building. Breaks were being taken in the shooters car so they could warm up. The shoot boss being from Florida had 8 layers of clothes' on including some he borrowed from other shooters but we persisted. At lunch we listened to a pistol history from 1775 to present day, then off to the range.
The weather did not get any better. Visibility at times was a little over 200 yards. Fog all day and everything was wet and cold.  This had an impact on our shooting and we were only able to pull out one more new Pistoleer™ on the last PQT of day two. Several others were able to repeat their Pistoleer™ scores and Rick was able to pull out a 219 with a 45 caliber wheel gun. Outstanding!

Out of nine shooters 6 either made Pistoleer™ this weekend or had made the score prior and spent their time helping others. Despite the weather it was a great weekend. Thanks to all for making the long trip to get here.

See you down the trail. :)

sleepy

It was great to be able to work with such a motivated group! Not everyone has what it takes to brave the weather.

Special thanks to Scuba Steve and Lady Gator for the great instruction which makes for great Instructors.

Captain

It was great to meet you both. I only wish I could have participated in the learning part of the Pistol IBC rather than just hearing all the shooting from the next bay. I heard from many of the participants that the IBC was fantastic and a great opportunity to learn how to teach the new Pistol program. I hope you will both come back out west again soon!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

DUSM

Fantastic program, great instruction and a wonderful bunch of students!

I've been wanting to get a look at this program since I heard of it a year or two ago. I'm glad to report it's everything I expected and more.

A special thanks to "sleepy" for letting me know about the IBC after I had initially signed on for the one-day event and a huge thanks to the other students / instructors I had the opportunity to work with and enjoy their company.

PS: the wife had a good time too!
"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." â€"John Adams

"We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists." -Patrick Henry

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

zuke

Thanks to both of you for making the trip out and braving the weather. I really enjoyed the class and the opportunity to meet instructors from several other states.  It definitely inspired me to complete all the requirements and get out on the range to help out with future events.

Safe Travels

bravhrt

Overall, an outstanding event. Kudos to those who traveled from lower elevation, not only surviving, but thriving in the rarefied air of the
Rocky Mountain West!  :F
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleer™ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC