News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Next Hinesville Appleseed in 48 hours!

Started by cannonman61, February 22, 2009, 08:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonman61

Attention all!

The next shoot at the Hinesville range is in less than two weeks!

This is a clasic event and is always a bright spot for newbies and old timers alike. There is literally something for everyone.

We will run the standard Appleseed course and have some of the finest Instructors in the corps on hand.

There will be after hours Rev War musket and cannon demonstrations and firings and those so inclined will be allowed to touch of a round on Grendel or send some hate and discontent down range at a real redcoat with an authentic Brown Bess or Charleville musket. If there is time and light enough we also have a tomahawk throwing target and a bayonet dummy.

All we need is you and your freinds for some real magic. I have flyers out. Banners up and have stood outside the local gunstore in uniform promoting this shoot. Now I need you and your help to finish it off. We only have 15 preregs and that is not an acceptable number. I you are coming, register. Talk it up with neighbors, friends, relatives and coworkers. Sign em all up and join us.

There is onsite camping at $5 a night per person and a $5 a day range fee per person. Bring your own water and lunch and meet us there for a big time for the spring shoot.

See you there!

Cannonman61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

DuaneRN

Do the fees apply to IIT's and instructors as well?  Do instructors need to plan their own dinner Sat night.

Is there any potable water source nearby?

cannonman61

To all,

There is no close by source of potable water. You can fill your canteens at the hosebib at the  house, but it's a good walk from the range. The Instructors will meet after the Saturday shoot at the BBQ joint just down the road. In fact I'll set up a seperate Appleseed room for us to make sure we have space. Lunches can be had here as well for a nominal fe and the food is very good.

As to the fees, the IiT's and instructors only pay the camp fees unless they plan on shooting. Remember, this is a commercial range and they have bills to pay too.

If you live close you may want to consider joining the range as the normal daily rate is $10 and the yearly rate is, I think, still $150 for an individual.

CM

GunRights4US

I registered today, along with my two boys.  Three of my friends are planning to attend as well, and they should be registering soon as well.

We're looking forward to it.

Guns are the teeth of Liberty

Appalacious

I'll be there.
+2?
Maybe 3.  Who knows.

Is there room for a camper at the site?  Or do I need to stay on post?

Thanks,
J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

cannonman61

Appalacious,

Yes, there is camping onsite. It is $5 a night per person. The fireside chats are not to be missed at this one, plus saturday evening we fire Grendel and the muskets for those who stay long enough afterward.

For all: My cell number is 912-332-4344. My last cell bit the dust right before Christmas and as it was a pay as you go, getting a new phone meant a new number. Those of you who have my old one, be advised of the change.

Time is getting short. I hope everyone is flushing out the coups to get new shooters to this one!

Thanks all and see you very soon.

CM61

boltgun71

Thor

Have some flyers out in my area, and am promoting the shoot on WarRifles.com.  I plan on camping Saturday night for sure, maybe Friday as well.  Looking forward to it.

Thor
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

jollynator

WOOT WOOT!!! O0

I'm bringing 5 for the weekend and 1 extra on Sunday.

I'm on vacation next week and will be doing some last minute checks, safety precautions, and catch up with the nephews on what to expect.

Looking forward to it guys!!!

jolly

Son of Martha

Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

SGTCap

Quote from: GunRights4US on February 23, 2009, 07:44:09 PM
I registered today, along with my two boys.  Three of my friends are planning to attend as well, and they should be registering soon as well.

There goes the neighborhood.   **)

Cant wait to see everyone out there.  I love Appleseed weekend

Talon

Quote from: boltgun71 on February 25, 2009, 10:10:50 PM
I will be their to instruct and bringing along one possibly two shooters as well.  See you all their!

Beware of German Shepherd.

SoM with his notebook; Dave with his bayonet dummy; jackass at 0311 (heeaaw heaww heawwwwwlways does that while yin's is sleepin'); sharpened palm fronds with weenies; SGTCap self-medicating; firing cannons at automobiles; full sized, live bison; miniature cavalry horses; horses which have become casualties; snakes under mat; Matt running from snakes; Flinch and Misfire battling for worst performance on the linstock; line shot down three strings consecutively.

I'm not making a word of this up.

Yessir, gotta love Hinesville. Friday afternoon, sirs.

DuaneRN

I was thinking more along the line of friday morning. 

Talon

DuaneRN

Might do some shopping before I arrive.  Saw a surplus store and some gunstores in hinesville.

Appalacious

Got an update on the number of pre-regs?
Also, will there be food available at this one?  I'm hoping for something cooked on a fire.
J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

DuaneRN

cannonman61

Sorry Guys. :'(

Due to my recent, and current heart issues, I haven't had the money or time to setup the colonial feast as I have for Hinesville Appleseeds past.

HOWEVER! Fear not! There is an Excellent BBQ joint within spittin distance and I am sure the owner, who is also the range owner, would be glad to have us for Dinner!

Yum, I am get hungry just thinking about all that nice, smoked pork! ;)

CM

Not that that would preclude you guys from cooking up something of your own over the campfire. Brring plenty of wood as I am unsure how much will be onsite.

Talon

Quote from: cannonman61 on March 02, 2009, 06:19:43 PM
Sorry Guys. :'(

Due to my recent, and current heart issues, I haven't had the money or time to setup the colonial feast as I have for Hinesville Appleseeds past.

HOWEVER! Fear not! There is an Excellent BBQ joint within spittin distance and I am sure the owner, who is also the range owner, would be glad to have us for Dinner!

Yum, I am get hungry just thinking about all that nice, smoked pork! ;)

CM

Not that that would preclude you guys from cooking up something of your own over the campfire. Brring plenty of wood as I am unsure how much will be onsite.

Pffft. Campfires and cooking.   ::)

We'll just hang a squirrel on the end of a bayonet and smoke it. Of course, the resulting blast of the musket will blacken some of the meat, but it will be smoked.

Or, we can finally do a range test of a Cornish hen loaded in to Grendle, then "tube cooked" in front of an open flame.

Yum.

Riflemen aren't cooks. Says who?

Four Days.

cwc400

To all:
Just a short note to let everyone know that I will be there saturday and period attire, and with my new 10/22 ..... sure hope Cannonman has sighted her in well enough to get me on paper for some small adjustments....... don't know if I will stay overnight or make it back on Sunday as the In-line hockey season has started and I might have an early game sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing good friend lots of catching up to do !!!!!!
For God and Country
Chad Carpenter
Gun Sgt. 2nd Co. Ga Artillery

P.S. If I don't bet my best of 217 I will be fit to be tied !!!! No excuses this time ???? Dave call me after you read this message to coordinate if you need any help friday afternoon etc.

cannonman61

Well, Almost.

That's when the best people in the world start to migrate to Hinesville and arrive onsite to setup, shoot, share and generally begin the best weekend one can have w/o divine intervention!

No kidding, I am really looking forward to the shoot and hope all will be present with bells on to hear the tales, see the sights and shoot with like minded, strong willed, hard working Americans. We are on a long road, but when I am at an Appleseed I somehow feel both relived and reassured that things will somehow turn out right again in our country and that we play some role in that turn around.

To you that have been here before, I look forward to seeing you again and updating friendships. To those whose first time is this weekend, welcome friends. Sit down, rest yourself and prepare for the whirlwind that has become Appleseed.

See you all soon.

CM

cannonman61

Well,

It's now less than 24 hours until the Hinesville event.

The truck is loaded. The materials, hopefully, are enroute.
Our instructors are moving towards the site and the buffalo are roaming the range.

The weather is to be near perfect. Saturday 79-80, Sunday 78-79 and sunny both days. Bring your sun screen and plenty of water.

If you are even considering an Appleseed and are anywhere close, THIS is the time and the place to be this weekend!

Talon

Quote from: cannonman61 on March 06, 2009, 08:48:02 AM
Well,

It's now less than 24 hours until the Hinesville event.

The truck is loaded. The materials, hopefully, are enroute.
Our instructors are moving towards the site and the buffalo are roaming the range.

The weather is to be near perfect. Saturday 79-80, Sunday 78-79 and sunny both days. Bring your sun screen and plenty of water.

If you are even considering an Appleseed and are anywhere close, THIS is the time and the place to be this weekend!

Don't sweat the materials. I have it covered.

GunRights4US

Quote from: SGTCap on February 27, 2009, 05:43:04 PM
Quote from: GunRights4US on February 23, 2009, 07:44:09 PM

There goes the neighborhood.   **)

Cant wait to see everyone out there.  I love Appleseed weekend

That's right SgtCap!  We're gonna bring some CLASS to da joint!  LOL

See you there!

GunRights4US

Oh by the way...  My bunch now numbers six confirmed and one more possible!!

It's gonna be a GREAT weekend on the Hinesville firing line.  Time to work on those LIBERTY skills.

cannonman61

Super Job promoting GR4US!!!!

You may get the "largest group" award this trip!

I will be onsite as soon as I get done hearding cats, say 1300.