News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Outdoor Expo June 19 Delta, Ohio

Started by topper, May 16, 2021, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topper

This years Outdoor Expo will be held the Saturday of Fathers Day weekend  on June 19 2021

The event will be similar to previous years with the addition of outdoor events being added.

I will set up a vendor table. There are time blocks open through the day for Liberty Seeds if anyone is interested in that.

Will add links to the event soon.

Topper

Corvette

Topper,

Thanks for the heads up, lets coordinate to get the presentations set and to get folks to man the table and brochures for attendees.  Send me a pm with details or give me a call some time at 614-562-8321 so we can start planning.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Here are a couple links for the event.

https://www.shilohcu.church/oe

https://www.facebook.com/ShilohCUOutdoorExpo/

I've noticed there is a Liberty Center Shoot the weekend following the Expo. The Church and the Range are about 5 minutes apart.

topper

There are 1 or 2 50 minute time slots available if anyone wants them.

I'll set up the table but want to borrow some flags and other decorations.

Can we give away some t-shirts and shoot vouchers?

Corvette

Topper,

Thank you for taking the lead on this.  We will get folks to help you and get you what you need.  I will PM folks in your area to get support.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Right on, chairman says he needs to finalize the schedule by the end of the week for printing.

Last year we had a fishbowl guests could drop their name in for t-shirts and maybe a couple shoot certificates. A person could also provide an email address if they wanted to be added to Appleseed's newsletter. Had a pretty good response to that.

The highest traffic time for the table will be the two hour walleye lunch hours.

topper

We made a lot of contacts through the day. There is a strong interest from a local American Heritage Girls group that attended the expo. We will have follow up with them soon.

Thank you Cadence for your help and your props for the table.

Corvette

topper,

In your followup talks with the American Heritage Girls, one option to consider is what has been done in another state with the group.  They coordinated with us to be at one of their camping weekends.  We told the strikes Friday evening around the camp fire and then did a one day Appleseed event on Saturday.   If this of interest to them, I will coordinate getting the COI/COF from the other state as to what they presented/did on Saturday at their event. 

Thanks to both you and Cadence for working this event and for all both of you do for the program. 

Corvette

Cadence

A great venue for 7th stepping.
Although I could only be there part of the day, general interest in the program was good.

As stated above the Heritage Girls had a table right next to ours, so there were some good discussions on how we could help them out and spread pour message.

As a bonus, one of the Advisors for the Heritage Girls was also a home schooler and I talked to her extensively about contacting other home school groups in the area and possibly setting up some Libertyseed sessions for the them.

There was also a scheduled time slot after lunch for Appleseed to speak about the program. I gave the First Strike and told the group (about 7) if they wanted to hear more to come to an Appleseed of contact me for a Libertyseed presentation.

Attached are a couple of photos of our table at the event.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Topper/Cadence,

Great Seventh Stepping.  Looks like it was a great event.  There are a lot of ways we can work with the American Heritage Girls.  For example, we had a group in Florida that invited us to work with them.  They were having a camping weekend event and some of our folks organized telling the Strikes at their campfire on Friday night and they then did a one-day Appleseed with them on Saturday. 

Do what you can to follow up with them and let me know if you need my help for anything.  Again, thanks for taking the time to work this event.  Every contact matters.  Thanks.

Corvette