News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp, Albuquerque NM, Founders Ranch July 24-25, 2021

Started by Mrs. Smith, May 10, 2021, 10:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Hello, Appleseed Family!!!

I want to make you aware of an upcoming Instructor Boot Camp in Albuquerque, NM, at our newest host range, Founders Ranch! It is FREE to the Appleseed volunteer cadre, of course, and is designed to enable all of us to help work Appleseed events with even greater simplicity and precision.  Those who have not worked an event for a while may find it a fine refresher and for those who are seasoned instructors, it may be useful to review a bit.

While this event is scheduled for New Mexico, border raiders are ALWAYS welcome to join us!

Who can come?  It's for Instructors-in-Training, Instructors, Applecore, Shoot Bosses, and even crusty old Senior Instructors! (You know who you are :cool2: )  If you are not yet a volunteer but have attended a 25m event and shot a Rifleman score, come on out. :)

Stuff you need to know:

1.  The purpose of the IBC is to help our instructors grow and become better teachers, away from the pressure of being in front of students.  If you are an instructor, instructor in training, or interested in being a Project Appleseed Instructor - Sign up!

2.  The IBC is free to attend.  No cost. Sign up!

3.  Lodging.  There are a couple of hotels close by; there's only the one listed in Edgewood, NM, where the range is located, but there are several good choices available in nearby Moriarty, as well. The Sunset in Moriarty is a good price and has great reviews. Don't book online, call and talk to a person! Primitive camping and Self-contained RVs are welcome on the Range property for $20/night. Gates are closed for the night at 6pm, so plan accordingly.

4.  Don't let the name "Boot Camp" intimidate you.  This is a gentleman's course.  No push-ups, no hazing, no yelling.   Most of our IBC exercises will be in small groups.

5.  Attendance at this event will qualify you for your BOOT CAMP rocker.  Sign up!

6. Everyone is asked to please sign up as a student. Sign up!

7.  While we won't have a traditional breakfast at Waffle House, we WILL have dinner on Saturday evening, and everyone is invited to join us at an optional breakfast on Sunday morning, both at local restaurants near the range! Locations will be shared once they're finalized.  ^-^

8.  This venue is new to Project Appleseed, and they've been very accommodating!  https://foundersranch.com/contact

9.  An IBC will jump start your teaching skills and may qualify you for accelerated promotions!

Please pass this along to anyone you think may be interested.  The IBC is the method we use to ensure everyone is on the same page when we teach using the Appleseed way: SIMPLICITY and PRECISION.  Please join us and invite others. You are part of an elite group - the best rifle instructors in the country.  Come help us all improve as we spread the message of Liberty.

This is going to be a great event! Hope to see all of you there... so Sign up! ^:)^

in Liberty,
Mrs. Smith

(Yes, I shamelessly stole the format from Google, who stole it from MO. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! ;D)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

SafetyManTX

Just how accommodating is Founder's Range? It looks like they have plenty of room for my self-contained RV. The other option is an RV Park on I-40 just East of Edgewood, but I would HAVE to pull the Jeep to get to and fro under that option
KD Rifleman 12/5/2020 Temple (Eddy), TX
KD Requalified 05/14/2023 Eddy, TX
Morgan's Shingle 05/30/2021 - Brass Valley KD @ Eddy, TX

Mahamotorworks

They are working on RV hookups now. They have places you can park now just no power or water running to them. I can get more details tomorrow.

MAHA
Sufficient speed, Acceptable drag.

So what is Project Appleseed Business?  What would the Ghost of Project Appleseed say to us?

"Business!'" cried the Ghost of Project Appleseed, wringing its hands again.  "Liberty was my business; Heritage, History, Freedom, and Pursuit of Happiness, were, all, my business. The deals of Marksmanship were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
-Adapted from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.

Mahamotorworks

Self contained RV and primitive camping allowed on site forn$20 a night.  Currently there is no sewage dump or running water. The gate will closed and locked at 6pm. There is plans for an expansion abut they are waiting on the permits and paperwork.

MAHA
Sufficient speed, Acceptable drag.

So what is Project Appleseed Business?  What would the Ghost of Project Appleseed say to us?

"Business!'" cried the Ghost of Project Appleseed, wringing its hands again.  "Liberty was my business; Heritage, History, Freedom, and Pursuit of Happiness, were, all, my business. The deals of Marksmanship were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
-Adapted from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.

nmmi9100

I'm certainly disappointed that I'm going to miss this IBC.  Best wishes for tremendous event!

/David