News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR RED BLUFF, CA MAY 1-2

Started by NorCal22Gal, May 05, 2021, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

It was a windy weekend at the Tehama Shooters Association Range.    Let me rephrase that…it was breezy on Saturday, it was very nearly Fred's "Why are we out here shooting?" at times windy on Sunday!!
4 students came out to learn, and learn they did.  They were a focused group, but still a fun group to work with.
As we started to work through the blocks of instruction, groups started to shrink. 
We took a break for lunch and some history.  Then back to the line and some more instruction.  We got in one AQT before calling it a day.
We ended Saturday with the 3rd strike. 
Sunday was rough with the wind.  Easily 20mph sustained with gusts the news said to 40+. 
We tied some surveyor's tape on the backer and could see the tumbling effect of the wind at the target line. Firing line was a head wind, target line alternated between a tail wind and a head wind. 
The 3 students that returned (one had a family emergency and couldn't return) decided after lunch that they would spend time working on positions rather than AQT's.  We were able to give them more assistance with that.  They are all getting better.  I hope to see them back out again soon.
Thank you very much to the Tehama Shooters Association for hosting us.
Thank you to my instructors, you were awesome!
Thanks to everyone for helping us tear down and clean up.

Instructors:
Laurie        NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe              eaglescouter
Darryl      3Huzzahs

Books:
Paul Revere's Ride & Washington's Crossing by David Hackett-Fischer
Then A Patriot I'll Be by Roy J Moyle (fiction, but a really good read)