News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The moment we've been waiting for!!

Started by Mrs. Smith, May 04, 2021, 01:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming to the Appleseed Host Range family....

Founder's Ranch, in Edgewood, NM!  ^:)^

Founder's Ranch is a 480 acre facility about 40 minutes east of Albuquerque.  They have about 20 bays, ranging 50 to 100 yards in depth, with longer ranges planned for the near future by the new owners of this private shooting range.  :1luvu

A host range agreement is on file, and once we've finalize the I's and T's, we'll begin scheduling events at this very nice facility.   :F

More to come as we have it!  I still have a card or two up my sleeve  :cool2:

Huzzah!!!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TomM1Thumb

You do not find Many Shooting Ranges with a Little White Church on site.

Looks to be a Wonderful Venue.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

hotairbill

Oh boy, let's do stuff there.  Help get the Albuquerque folks excited and active in Appleseed.  I volunteer to help.  They need help in becomming a "Home Range."
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

AF5US

:F  :F  :F Congr atula tions!  :F  :F  :F
O0  O0  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Captain

This is some great news for NM Appleseed and Liberty! Albuquerque is an untapped resource of Americans who need to hear the message and I look forward to coming to help out!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Jerry Hall

Kudo's to all involved. We've been working toward this for years...  :wb:  :DH:  :bow:
Just let me know when and where!

Jerry  :F  :snipersmi  :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mahamotorworks

Here are some photos of the Ranch. Most bays have this set up.

Got Steel?

Did I mention they have Mascot?

MAHA
Sufficient speed, Acceptable drag.

So what is Project Appleseed Business?  What would the Ghost of Project Appleseed say to us?

"Business!'" cried the Ghost of Project Appleseed, wringing its hands again.  "Liberty was my business; Heritage, History, Freedom, and Pursuit of Happiness, were, all, my business. The deals of Marksmanship were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
-Adapted from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.

Eagle Keeper

Looks sweet. May the beatings continue until marksmanship improves.  >:D :1luvu :F
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Tennessee Beast

Remember, cows are not "a safe direction".
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Ghostring

"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

BillP_556

Mrs. Smith, Founders Ranch Range just hired Glenn Plunkett as their Chief Training Officer.  He is a great dude, if you get the chance say, "HI" to him!
Respectfully,

BillP_556

Hasty Sling

When's the first shoot? And kudos! This is a a great opportunity for all Burqueños.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Hasty Sling on May 06, 2021, 10:20:31 PM
When's the first shoot? And kudos! This is a a great opportunity for all Burqueños.

Working on that right now, sir! My ABQ crew are pretty out of practice, so I'm thinking about rounding up one more experienced instructor to pad us out a bit.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: BillP_556 on May 05, 2021, 09:46:36 PM
Mrs. Smith, Founders Ranch Range just hired Glenn Plunkett as their Chief Training Officer.  He is a great dude, if you get the chance say, "HI" to him!

Bill, the range just made a profile post about him today on their Facebook page! Shall I give him your regards?

BillP_556

Respectfully,

BillP_556

JustKim

AWESOME!!!  I hope to have the opportunity to shoot there some day!  STrong work to all involved!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Mrs. Smith

Oh my goodness, what a day!!

Friday afternoon I hit the road for the ABQ (it doubled nicely as a shakedown cruise for my new engine  :cool2: )

I arrived at the home of Mahamotorworks and Subzero_rabbit around 6, and we stayed up WAY too late gabbing.  Anyone surprised?  Not I!

Maha has been my point man in bringing this remarkable range on board, and this couldn't have come together without him. Huzzah!

The week leading up to the trip, I reached out to all of my AQB cadre, active and lapsed.  It's been hard on them, only being able to work shoots if they're able to travel, and I was delighted to find that I got a confirmation from everyone to meet for lunch on Saturday before paying a visit to the range itself.  As an awesome bonus, New Mexico SI TaosGlock was able to join us on behalf of himself and SI Bluefeather.  It's always good to see him!

We met at a little pizza house in Edgewood, NM, not far from the range.  We introduced ourselves, old friends got reacquiainted, and we hashed out a plan for our range visit.  The big question on everyone's mind:  can we handle doing a shoot prior to our July IBC?  Pros and cons were weighed and discussed.  Most of the cadre in the ABQ area are either very green, or very dusty.  The one member who's managed to stay somewhat active probably won't be available to help out on the one weekend I'm free to come up and run the shoot.  These and other considerations were taken into account, and the final decision was tabled pending the range visit.

In attendance were (left to right in the group photo)

NMMI9100, and his son Walker
TaosGlock
Crono
Captwa
Subzero_rabbit
Desert_diver
Mahamotorworks
Mrs. Smith

Mrs. Smith

Fifteen minutes later we were piling out of our cars and meeting Brodie Couture, member of the staff at Founder's Ranch.  I never did catch her title, but it was clear to me immediately that she is an indispensable cog in their machine.  She took us over to meet Kurt Bowker, CEO, Dennis Callaway, COO, and Glenn Plunkett, Chief Training Officer.  We introduced ourselves, and we were led over to the Belle Saloon for a little Q&A.  Water was passed around, and we got down to business. Questions asked and answered on both sides. They explained their operational procedures, we explained our safety protocol.  Chief Training Officer Glenn seemed quite satisfied with our explanation of the Four Safety Rules, and Safe Rifle procedures.  He'll be joining us on the line for an event when the time comes!  I look forward to seeing if we can challenge him  :)

It turns out that there will be a grand opening celebration on Memorial Day, and the staff at Founders has generously offered us space for a table, inside the Belle.  Huzzah!  Time to get planning for THAT!

After our powwow, we got a little tour of the main range area.  There's a building with classrooms, including the one we'll be using for our IBC in July. On the back side of the Belle is the Copper Queen Hotel, and other storefronts that you might find in an old west town in New Mexico. This place is a hoot!

The range we'll most likely be using is Range 10. It's about 50 yards, no shade, but very proximate to the classrooms and two of the facility's very nicely maintained porta-potties.  Shade, we can take care of for ourselves!  I've got a plan for the display of flags, as well.

We're in pre-planning for our first shoot there, plus our IBC in July, so we're off to a great start.

Huzzah!

Founders Ranch staff, left to right, Glenn, Dennis, Kurt, and Brodie

nmmi9100

It was nice to meet the newer folks as well as reconnect with old friends.  I'm looking forward to this new venue in central New Mexico.  It has a stack of advantages over every other range we've used in the Albuquerque area.

/David

Mahamotorworks

Had a great event at Founders Ranch. We are looking forward to our first event and many more out here.

MAHA
Sufficient speed, Acceptable drag.

So what is Project Appleseed Business?  What would the Ghost of Project Appleseed say to us?

"Business!'" cried the Ghost of Project Appleseed, wringing its hands again.  "Liberty was my business; Heritage, History, Freedom, and Pursuit of Happiness, were, all, my business. The deals of Marksmanship were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
-Adapted from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.