News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The American's Creed

Started by P7, May 05, 2021, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P7

We found this card with the personal effects of my Great-Great-Great Uncle Christian Small, who served in Company I, 22nd Iowa Infantry during the Civil War and was wounded at Vicksburg.  Although not Revolutionary War history, I thought it might be of interest to people here.  I thought that the history of the creed on the back of the card was very interesting.  I had never heard of this creed before finding the card with his things.

Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry

ITB

That's cool.  Thanks for sharing.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Captain

Thanks for sharing this. It's definitely an important piece of history for Appleseeders.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan