News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Parma, ID, April 17/18, 2021 AAR

Started by Prescott, April 20, 2021, 12:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

The Idaho instructors had a great weekend and got to spend time with three families that came to learn about the Heritage of our Country.   This was the warmest weekend of the year, and this raised the spirits of all in attendance.  Idaho is almost out of Covid restrictions and people are enjoying getting out of the house and participating in activities.

I appreciate parents that bring their kids to Appleseed events.   All of the kids showed great improvement in their marksmanship skills over the weekend.  They also seems to really enjoy the history presentations, as they were hearing stories that they never heard.

One of the kids, Ethan, was able to improve his marksmanship throughout the weekend and earned his rifleman patch of the final AQT of Sunday.  The rest of the kids kept increasing their skills and will need to continue to use dry fire practice at home.  I am looking forward to seeing them at another event and helping them progress in their skills.

I would like to thanks the dads for bringing their families out this weekend.  The dads also need to do some dry fire practice to continue to practice on the comfort of the living room floor.   As we discussed this weekend, the laser pointer makes a great training aid to help increase the value of your practice time.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

NoSheep

Ethan is already talking about his next challenge of shooting for distinguished or shooting with open sights, the kid is hooked and still on cloud nine!
Thanks to you and the other instructors for a great weekend, it was a lot of fun!
"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you."  - Benjamin Franklin