News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A special thanks

Started by The Wolfhound, January 25, 2021, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

This is dedicated to FiremanBob, once a stalwart in the Virginia program and now providing the same service to the Northeast of the country.  Bob established a relationship with the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club of which he was at the time a member.   That relationship has continued and grown over the years even after Bob moved out of state.  Thanks to that relationship, Virginia has conducted its first IBC in 7 years using the clubhouse at Rivanna.  People, plant that kind of seed wherever you go and others will be able to reap that harvest that our country and our program need.  Bob sold the idea of our program to the Board at Rivanna and championed our program through the process of getting events running. We continue to benefit from from his efforts of several years ago.  There are many good lessons to learn from this for our program.  We could not have a more supportive relationship with a range than we do with Rivanna; kudos to them and many thanks again to FiremanBob for planting those seeds.  You are missed down here in the "South" but I have to ask do they refer to you as "Noah" up there for all the rainy events like we did down here?

Huzzahs, Sir, Huzzahs

misawa

Well said.  Thank you, Bob!

Monkey

Bob has a talent for planting seeds.

Someone going by the handle "FiremanBob" posted on the Virginia Gun Owners Forum about a marksmanship and history event - two things my better half were interested in at the time.

We attended that event. The rest is history.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Messer

Even with his "gift" for scheduling rain, we sure do miss FiremanBob (and Cathy!) down here!

Stay Vigilant,
Messer
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

FiremanBob

Aw shucks, guys, I dindo nuffin'. The real credit goes to Messer, who as a club board member immediately saw the value of Appleseed and has been a champion for us at the club since, and to the Virginia corps of instructors who consistently run the highest-quality events.

Rivanna is one of the nicest clubs I have ever shot at, with a great membership of patriots. I miss the beautiful, grassy facility very much as well as the companionship of its members. Am still trying to join a good club here in NH which is not easy. The nearest, best club to me was put out of business via lawfare by anti-gun forces in its town. As Messer says, Be Vigilant.

As to me and rain, we've had only a couple of showers in the half-dozen events I've done up here. But it has been cold sometimes. My priorities here are to grow the instructor corps in NH and VT, and to expand our roster of host clubs. Of course, last year the CCP virus hysteria put the kibosh on that plan.

Thanks and be well. The Virginia instructor corps continues to be a role model for the nation.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

BrotherPilot

My thanks to both Messer and FiremanBob.  We had a great time at the IBC this past weekend, and being able to use Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club for that is a result of the work of both of you.  Thank you for your past and continuing efforts!

Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams