News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mid-range shooting invite

Started by m1agsr, April 02, 2021, 12:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1agsr

I have a farm in Westminster with some acreage allowing some longer than (Maryland) normal ranges. I ask everyone to confirm zero at 100 yards first. Then we can move to a dueling tree setup at 200 or 300 yards. If you want to push it more, we can move back to 525 yards. Targets range are 4, 6, 8, 10 inch plates, a "dvd sized/shaped" popper gong or an IPSC torso at 500 yards.

I opened the farm up to "random people" last year and got my targets shot|damaged to hell. Mistakes were made. From here out, i'm only allowing personal friends of mine, people who didn't suck last year, and Maryland Rifleman.

I only have room for a couple of shooters at a time and for safety reasons I keep that number down anyway.

I'm not sure how to validate the rifleman that show up, so I'm going off "having a patch". That's a safe enough bet for now. Also, this isn't an "appleseed event.

Holler if you're interested. https://benspelledabc.me/farm_invite/how_do_i_sign_up/

Admin|Moderators, delete this post if it's a violation of TOS. It's been a while since i've looked at this site and frankly have forgotten them.
Are you a rifleman, or a cook?

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

m1agsr

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   

Captain

That's really nice to open up your land for some marksmanship. I'm bet it's something in short supply right now in your area. You're a little far for me to come out (Colorado) but I salute the effort none the less. Kinda reminds me of Isaac Davis putting a range on his land . . . Huzzah
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

m1agsr

I grew up in Iowa. I choose to share what i can. As long as people aren't jack wagons about it. I'm going out on a hunch here that riflemen are not "noise makers". I know a guy that was "trained" by 3 ex-snipers and now can "hit a torso sized target at least once at 500 yards with a red dot and 3x magnifier!" I asked how big his magazine was... "It's only a 30 round magazine, but i got a hit!" I mean.. its not my ammo but I'm not a fan of accuracy via volume.

There are a few places to shoot 200-300 yards out here. Most places that are beyond that its a several hour drive for most people. This is about 1.5 hours from DC or 45minutes from Baltimurder.

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   

Catch-10-22

This is an awesome offer and we will certainly take you up on it! I think you will find Riflemen to be prepared, respectful, and appreciative. I will send you a PM to discuss. Thanks again  :F