News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Menifee AR AAR, March 27-28, 2021 S7 Tactical

Started by sticksnstones, March 29, 2021, 11:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

Started off worrying a bit about the weather but the clouds gave way to sunshine and 77 degrees on Saturday. Sunday was even better with sunshine and high at about 62. The weather was a plus for the weekend but didn't top all else. For starters, this was our inaugural event at S7 Tactical. Great facility and awesome hosts. We ended up with a dozen shooters. Bright1 and Sticks kept things together with the help of LychoasChicka and Papasi. Both IIT0's were given tasks and points of instruction and did fantastic jobs. About half of our attendees were prior attendees and the others new to Appleseed.
We ended up with several requals and 4 new riflemen. I'm proud of all of them but there was huge celebration when Shawn finally crossed the line and got her patch. Hats off to the new folks that took home a patch. Shawn, Josh, Paul and Erik, you all did a fantastic job and I hope to see y'all again soon. Those that didn't cross that threshold, don't despair, ass it generally take 3 or more events for most people.  The Fox family was there for only one day and they were a joy to have. Natalie showed off by shooting Rifleman scores with both a auto and a bolt action. With a little arm twisting she asked for an orange hat. Those that didn't get patches, worked extremely hard and most came close. This definitely has to have been one of my most memorable events. Erik and Brooke both asked for Blue Hats and I'm sure the next event will see an orange hat on Eriks head. Thanks everyone for a great weekend. You are why I volunteer.
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

Pics
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

swiftongal

It was certainly great weather and a great group. I was thrilled at seeing Shawn qualify and was shocked at my own shooting with Tech Sights!  This stuff has reenergized my history reading and love of target shooting

bright1

It was indeed a great weekend!  Wonderful to see old friends and meet new ones.  Erik & Brook - very nice to meet you and congrats on taking blue hats (and for the Rifleman patch for Erik)!
Paul & Josh - hope to see you at another event soon - congrats to both for shooting Rifleman scores! Shawn - way to persevere!  You've been so close and finally pushed over the top!  Congrats on the patch!  You definitely earned it!  Great to see the Fox family again. Great to have those young patriots on the line!  Matt - great to see you again.  Keep on trying - you're close!  Bill, as usual, great shooting!  And you were a huge help!  Look forward to working with you as an "official" Orange Hat!  Natalee - Wow!  Just Wow!  What a shooter!  And a pleasure to hang with.  Very glad you took an Orange Hat.  Looking forward to working with you!  Ken - keep it up!  You keep improving and will shoot that score soon.  Hope to see you at least on Sunday in Hot Springs (wishing you good shooting at the state IDPA match, by the way!).  LykaiosChicka & Papasi - great to have you working the line!  You look great in those Orange Hats!  You'll both make fantastic instructors - it is a pleasure working with you!
Great job, Sticks!  Glad you're my bud!

USS_Liberty

It was a pleasure to shoot .22s with riflemen and women on a clean and quiet range in great weather. Special thanks to all the instructors and organizers who donated their time and effort as volunteers to further the appleseed mission. This was my first appleseed event and first time in any kind of "formal" gun training also. I think all the participants had a great time and maybe learned a thing or two about rifle handling and American history. The instructors seemed to really enjoy themselves, making our class both fun and casual. They were also very well prepared and even had an extra sling with qd swivels for me to borrow. Turns out it was an extra lucky sling since it helped me get a rifleman score on the AQT and a sweet patch. That was a nice bonus.
I really enjoyed listening to the storytelling of cranky old geezers and pissed off rednecks with guns risking their lives heroically and defiantly for the very liberties that we are losing every day. For their sake, and for our country's future, I hope that appleseed will continue to grow and be successful in teaching Americans the foundations of rifle marksmanship and patriotic pride. I will certainly be back again someday.