News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A true giant of the revolution

Started by malabar, March 15, 2021, 09:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Mrs. Smith

I sent this article to a recently acquired friend.  He, too, is 6'6" and young, with not much self confidence.  I hope he'll read it and learn to think of his stature as an asset, rather than an obstacle.

In addition, this past Saturday I took him to the range (he was nervous, and nearly talked himself out of going) and introduced him to a few different platforms.  He fell in love with my AR, and my lever action, and did a great job of following instruction with both the rifles and the pistols. 

I told him he was a Rock Star, and that it was high time he started acting like it  :cool2:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Black Knight

Good for you.  So many folks in our society are beat down at an early age and as a result have poor self esteem for the rest of their lives.  You have done this new friend a tremendous service and truly have made a difference in his life.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021