News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

L.E. Duncan's Rainbow Shooting Club, Rainbow CA Feb 27-28, 2021.

Started by kmkahuna, March 02, 2021, 12:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmkahuna

Southern California has 03 more Rifleman to the Appleseed ranks!  The instructor cadre and the students had a great shoot here in Rainbow CA, with 14 Patriots who definitely came with the "teachable attitude". Whether it was Matthew who worked through his equipment problems and kept with it all weekend with a hearty laugh and a smile, or it was 7 year old Zoey who shot some amazing groups and helped us all with tear down and stowing all our gear, the entire group of students came ready to learn and did their best to practice all the skills of marksmanship. We had a few return shooters, including Jeoffery who finally shot Rifleman on Saturday afternoon, and several beginners as well, like our father and son team Peter and Ian from the Los Angeles area who had never shot before. By the end of the second day, their targets were looking great and the fundamentals were evident in their routine. Well done!   Tracy and Seth joined the ranks of Rifleman, shooting a qualifying score on both days.

When asked "how they did it", each one of our new Riflemen described that "Rifleman's bubble" perfectly, where everything "clicked" for them, and it all came together for them.  A wonderful day for shooting, and re-telling the story of our heritage to another group of patriots and shooters, especially our four young shooters.
Photo Update!
Pls see my Flickr account here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97879493@N05/albums/72157719067726300

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803

Jross239

It was a pleasure to be part of your first event. I was so happy to score rifleman again after missing it back in october. That 209, 208, 209, 144 killed me last year.

I was bummed that i didn't clear the shingle on my redcoat. Normally I'll start with the shingle and work the small to large targets

Website will not allow me to load pictures

I would have loved to push for a better score on sunday, but i was sore. Figured with my target ammo running low, it be best to reserve the ammo for the next time and be happy with my achievement.

Every event I attend I learn something new.  I felt like I was in the bubble this weekend. Things were just coming together. Equipment was working well and I had the focus. I'm really going to work on the crosshair focus. I find myself second guessing my NPOA and switching focus between the crosshairs and target

Mixed Metaphor

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

kmkahuna

Congratulations, Joeffery!
I had to take those pictures and "re-size" them to fit on the forum: here's some guidance from 2011:
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23641.msg183045#msg183045

There's also lots of good suggestions here from other people who had the same problem:
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=31769.msg236765#msg236765

Thanks for the pictures, and hope to see you in an Orange Hat soon!

Quote from: Jross239 on March 03, 2021, 12:03:08 AM
It was a pleasure to be part of your first event. I was so happy to score rifleman again after missing it back in october. That 209, 208, 209, 144 killed me last year.

I was bummed that i didn't clear the shingle on my redcoat. Normally I'll start with the shingle and work the small to large targets

Website will not allow me to load pictures

I would have loved to push for a better score on sunday, but i was sore. Figured with my target ammo running low, it be best to reserve the ammo for the next time and be happy with my achievement.

Every event I attend I learn something new.  I felt like I was in the bubble this weekend. Things were just coming together. Equipment was working well and I had the focus. I'm really going to work on the crosshair focus. I find myself second guessing my NPOA and switching focus between the crosshairs and target
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803