News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, Wolf Creek, Curtice Ohio, Feb 27-28

Started by Blindman, March 01, 2021, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

The rifleman Gods were smiling on the intrepid shooters who journeyed to Wolf Creek, Curtice Ohio this weekend. While the melting snows of Ohio's most recent Snowmageddon had caused an impressive puddle mid-firing range, we persevered and the warming weather and meeting new friends more than made up for it.
The line was made up of experienced shooters, with even the "least" among us understanding the basics building blocks of firearms safety for my intrepid Instructors to build upon, as the Red Coat targets show.
                       Shooters   100 Yard   200 Yard   300 Yard   400 Yard   HS   Cleared
Saturday AM     4               1             3              1              2              2        1
Saturday PM     4               4             3              3              2              1        0
Sunday AM     4               4             4              1              2              2        1
Sunday PM     3               3             3              2              2              3        1
Among the patches handed our was Cadence's distinguished patch with a score of 240 and "Switchout" AKA Hunter- the newest Mittendorf rifleman. Good job men. Not to be discounted was Rich Creager, out Michigan border raider who cleared his first Redcoat, drawn away for a family emergency - see you down the trail, where I know you will make your patch.
Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not introduce to all of you a new forum member, ChiefLane's daughter Kayla, (who works with Lucas film) she was christened with the nicname "Ewok" - though she is holding out for "Mando", I told her I was reserving that for when she brought Pablo Pascal to an Appleseed.
Wolk creek range is very accommodating, I have to say this is the best I have eaten at an Appleseed, and I have never left with a doggie bag before. Kudo's to Aaron and Al!
See you all down the trail,
Blindman

okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Chieflane

Blindman,

Kayla had a great time, so did I shooting next to her for the first time.  It was a father - daughter thing. All the instructors were off course great, and really took time to ensure Kayla's first exposure to Appleseed would be a good one. Great range, great instructors, great food, and great people. This led to a outstanding Appleseed week-end.

Chieflane

Slow and Steady

I'm glad to hear that everyone had as much fun at the shoot as I did. My dad enjoys cooking and is happy to hear that you all liked it on Saturday. Thanks to Al for sharing his culinary expertise on Sunday, definitely award-winning.
Congratulations to Cadence on achieving distinguished, and also to my brother who finally got his patch. I hope to see Kayla (Ewok) and Rich back to earn their patches.
I've attached the pictures that we took over the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at another event! :)

Slow and Steady

Cadence

Another successful event at the Wolf Creek Sportsman's Association in Curtice, OH.

A small but enthusiastic group of shooters showed up for a Winterseed but mother nature had different ideas with highs in the 40's and 50's for the weekend.

This group was seasoned from previous events which made the progress of instruction quicker than normal. Border raider Rich set the pace by clearing the Saturday AM redcoat and receiving the Ohio Appleseed patch for is efforts.  O0 He also posted a 219 for the practice AQT later that afternoon but unfortunately could not return Sunday due to a family emergency. Please come back Rich - we have a rifleman's patch reserved for you.

Congratulations to Hunter for persevering and getting his patch after being close so many times.  GOOD JOB!

Thanks to the Wolf Creek Sportsman's Association for hosting the event and allowing us to use the clubhouse to warm up inside during breaks and to fellow instructors Slow&Steady, Meadow, and SB Blindman.

A very special shout out to Aaron (a Rifleman and a Cook) for the delicious chicken BBQ lunch on Saturday and the equally delicious Sunday lunch provided by Meadow. You guys have set the bar high for Appleseed meals.

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

A few more pictures
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams