News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin GA Feb. 28, 2021 Rimfire KD

Started by Morpheus, March 01, 2021, 04:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

This was the first Rimfire KD in GA to my knowledge and I throughly enjoyed the opportunity to lead this event at the Red Hill Range in Martin. 8 shooters turned out to see about stretching their rimfire rifles out to 200 yards. Thankfully the threat of rain never manifested itself and we were actually treated with sunshine for the whole afternoon!

After a brief trajectory class and some discussion of the effects of wind on the bullet we set up our rifles at the 125 yard line to shoot the first shot of the day at Morgan's Shingle. The scaled down steel plate proved to be quite a challenge for the shooters, but Neil (Trekkie) was able to hit the target with his one shot indicating that he was no cook!! Well done Trekkie!

We then moved to the 50y line to begin the process of gathering the data to shoot distance with the rimfires. After getting the data, we then shot Stage 1 of the AQT. Then we moved back to 100y to repeat the process there, and then at 150y and ending up at 200y. After counting the hits from the first AQT we discovered that Roswell scored a 43! Our first RFKD Rifleman of the day! Huzzah!

After that first AQT the shooters had the data for their rifles for each distance and we were able to complete three more AQTs. Congratulations to upacreek for her "hits count" score of 42! And to finish off the day Trekkie turned in a high score of the day with a 45!
Jaime was Oh-So-Close to that RFKD patch with a score of 39. Jaime, you sir are a true Rifleman at heart. His 39 score was actually a 40 but his own conscience would not allow it because he failed to eject a round from his tube-fed rifle on Stage 2. This country needs more folks like Jaime.

Everyone one was a bit worn out when the last shot was fired about 5:30 that evening, but there were smiles on every face. Thank you all for coming out and making this first RFKD such a success! We have two more of these on the Red Hill Range schedule for this year, let's fill up the lines!!
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Tennessee Beast

Jaime, you showed integrity.  That is worth more than any patch.  You have my respect.  :bow:
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Roswell

What a day! Thank you to Morpheus for his outstanding leadership as always and to the Red Hill Range for being so accomodating. And of course, thank you to my fellow shooters.

Me:

upacreek:

Trekkie (also Morgan's Rifleman. Huzzah sir!):

The coveted patch:
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Mixed Metaphor

Awesome!  It sounds like a fantastic day! 

Love you Georgians.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

upacreek

This was so much fun!!!  I haven't been to a normal KD YET.  I can't wait.  Thanks, Morpheus, for taking on running the whole thing.  Your explanations are beginning to break into my skull.  Roswell and Wiley helped a lot too when you had to stay at the line. 

:bow: :bow: :bow: - to the 3 people using iron sights (well).
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

76Patriot

Congrats to Roswell, upacreek, and Trekkie on the Rimfire KD patches!  I wish I could have been there to see it.
"Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry