News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Huntsville AL Feb 26, 2021 Pistol Clinic - Event ID: 7682

Started by Mixed Metaphor, March 01, 2021, 11:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted our second Pistol event in 6 days.
It was anther great day!
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Bullet and Barrel!  Bullet and Barrel is the only National Shooting Sports Foundation 5-Star facility in Alabama.  They also have a Ladies Clothing Boutique.  Please check the schedule for future events there. 
We had 7 great Shooters.  I hope that you all found the time well spent.  I hope to see you all again soon!
Registration and early morning classes were held in the small classroom.  We had instruction on safety, and a recount of the First Strike by AH1Tom.  Then, into the range we went.  Our first 13 rounds were on the Hits Count/ Red Coat target.  On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Isosceles stance, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.
We practiced what was taught using the Small DOTS target.  Practical exercises for each block of instruction.   
At lunch LivingHand recounted the 2nd Strike for us very well!
After the practical exercises, we continued with the PQTs. 
We had 3 out of the 7 qualify as Pistoleer™s!  OldNavyDoc, AH1Tom, and LivingHand.  There was great improvement on the line for all Shooters. 
In the middle of the afternoon, it was time for Strike 3!  76Patriot riveted the group with the 3rd Strike.
I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to 76Patriot, Captain, AH1Tom and LivingHand for their assistance in telling the 3 Strikes, clearing the line and generally having my back.  They all have my undying love and respect.
OldNavyDoc and LivingHand came in from TN.  76Patriot drove from GA.  Captain DROVE from Colorado!
I love my Appleseed family.

If you have pictures, please post them here.

May Liberty Increase!

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

AH1Tom

It was a great day in an awesome facility. Thank you for helping me persist in getting the coveted Pistoleer™ patch.

Old Navy Doc

The Pistol Clinic run by Mixed Metaphor was well worth the drive. The excellent instructor enabled me to get the Pistoleer™ patch on this, my third clinic. I can't rave enough about the facilities here, and I loved the chance to hear fresh interpretations of the Strikes.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Living Hand

Thank you to all the shooters and instructors.  Particular thanks to Mixed Metaphor for putting the event together, Captain for his long-haul Appleseeding, and the shooters - Because you're our reason.  You all make this "well-paid job" worthwhile!
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

Mixed Metaphor

A couple of pictures.  I hope there are more to follow.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Mixed Metaphor

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Captain

This was a fantastic event at a truly world-class facility! It was great to have the opportunity to meet some Appleseeders from Alabama. I only managed to grab a couple of photos . . .

Classroom

Stance

Strike of the match

Living Hand earns his Pistoleer™

Thanks to the Alabama cadre (and Georgia and Tennessee :) ) and all the shooters for making the drive from Colorado well worth the effort!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

76Patriot

Like Mixed Metaphor said, I too "love my Appleseed family," even the ones I don't know yet and have never met.  It is always such a privilege to work with such fine patriots.  MM, thank you for having me join you to experience my first Pistol event.
"Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry