News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Canton, GA IBC, February 20/21, 2021

Started by CokeGuy, February 22, 2021, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Our time together at the Shaw-Woodard Firearms Training Complex was very productive. We had a good mix of experience and IITs.  A special thanks to Morpheus for spending Saturday with us and helping with the instruction.  Unfortunately, 3 registered attendees had to cancel: one due to Covid, one due to being laid-off and accepting temporary employment out of state, and one due to damage from the storm in Austin, TX.  The enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and improve by the 10 who were able to attend was evident throughout the weekend.  The history assignments were all well-prepared and delivered with energy and included new details about the respective subjects. So sorry Leadslinger66 had to skip the second day to care for his wife who had become ill on Saturday. We all pray for her quick recovery.  Upacreek and ian and Trekkie...you folks all did so well...hope this time gives you a "quick start" towards a Red Hat! American Savage and Kyrsten, so happy to have you both with us. Gator0246...keep up the progression. Wileycoyote and Overmountain, thanks for attending to pass on your Appleseed learning to the newbies.
My thanks to Morpheus, Cleveland, 76Patriot, Roswell & 6Bones for their dedication and contributions to helping start off the Project Appleseed season with a great IBC!
To all who dedicated a weekend to honing your skills and adding new ones for Project Appleseed, thank you. As I said at the end of the event, you are the future of the program...you are our legacy, and we were honored to spend our weekend transferring knowledge to our future "replacements".

CokeGuy

A few pictures...too busy to take many.

CokeGuy

Cleveland & Roswell demonstrating teaching prone

Cleveland

It was great to help this awesome group hone their instructing abilities. I look forward to working with each of you on the line soon.

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleerâ„¢ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Roswell

Such a great weekend with great people. Thank you to everyone that came and a special thank you to Cokeguy.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Leadslinger66

I really hated to have to miss on Sunday. Thanks for all of the prayers for my wife. She is doing better.

I enjoyed working with everyone and look forward to seeing the results on the line!

Thanks to CokeGuy and the rest of the team for facilitating this event.

John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

76Patriot

Thank you to all who made this weekend possible.  I've had to miss the IBCs the last couple years due to work travel; this was definitely worth my time. 
"Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry