News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Huntsville AL Feb 20, 2021 Pistol Clinic - Ladies Only

Started by Mixed Metaphor, February 22, 2021, 10:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted another indoor Pistol event.
IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Bullet and Barrel!  Bullet and Barrel is the only National Shooting Sports Foundation 5-Star facility in Alabama.  They also have a Ladies Clothing Boutique.  Please check the schedule for future events there. 
We had 4 AWESOME ladies from Georgia.  I appreciate that you gave a day of your life to us.  I hope that you all found the time well spent.  I hope to see you all again soon!
Registration and early morning classes were held in their small classroom.  A huge shout out to Thespiana for working registration!  (Her first Blue Hat event.)  We had instruction on safety, and a recount of the First Strike by Google.  Then, into the range we went.  Our first 13 rounds were on the Hits Count/ Red Coat target.  On the range we learned about proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Isosceles stance, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.
We practiced what was taught using the Small DOTS target.  Practical exercises for each block of instruction.   
After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs.
At lunch Maximum Ordinate recounted the 2nd Strike for us and we talked about the history of our great Republic.  We also had a brief opportunity to get to know the Shooters a little better.  What an amazing group of ladies!!
We had 2 out of the 4 qualify as Pistoleerâ„¢s!  Leslie (Multiple Quals with scores between 221 and 232) and  Jen C.  All 4 did VERY well!  I want them on my team in a competition! 
In the middle of the afternoon, it was time for Strike 3!  Google shared history with the group again.
I can't possibly express my gratitude adequately to Thespiana, Google and Maximum Ordinate for their assistance with registration, history, RSO duties and generally having my back.  They all have my undying love and respect.
I love my Georgia Ladies!  I truly hope to see you all again.
I love Appleseed.

If you have pictures, please post them here.

May Liberty Increase!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Roswell

Awesome job ladies! Sounds like a great weekend. Huzzah!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23