News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hamburg, PA IBC February 20-21, 2021

Started by EZ3, February 23, 2021, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Thanks to Hamburg Rifle & Pistol Club for hosting us over the weekend.  From what could be seen under the thick blanket of snow, it is a first-class range and hopefully the PA cadre will be seeing more of it.  Thanks to azmule for making the arrangements.  Nobody on the staff had less than sixty events under their belts, and they did their best to pass that accumulated knowledge along.  Thanks to azmule, Chainsaw and Charles McKinley for stepping up and taking on the instructional duties.  They did a fine job, based on the student evaluations.

Six students braved the grim weather forecast and came out for a weekend of instruction and camaraderie.  Thanks to Dixie, JillianM, john hixson, kDan, PatD, and SSG Platz for committing a weekend to learning new Appleseed skills and polishing those they already had.  Everyone survived presenting Second Strike and IMC in the same weekend!    O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

john hixson

It was great being there. I learned a huge amount. Thank you to AZmule for his class on KD. I was floored. Hope to see you again!
"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5

"I am a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf." â€" LTC (Ret.) Dave Grossman

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

NRA Endowment Life Memeber

Charles McKinley

I thought you were going to say under the blanket of snow was 2 inches of ice!  **) ;D **)

It was great to see old friends and make new ones.  Looking forward to seeing you on the trail.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

azmule

Yeah, would've been nice if the road had been plowed, but then you guys wouldn't have had so much fun on your "scenic tour" of the place.  On the plus side, this particular event didn't require the use of skis or snowshoes to go downrange to check targets set in knee-deep drifts.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda