News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club 13-14 February 2021

Started by BrotherPilot, February 20, 2021, 08:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherPilot

Thirteen hardy patriots gathered on a frigid winter day marked with snow and freezing rain to learn of marksmanship and history, along with six slightly crazed instructors.  (One of whom is on the board for the host club and later reported the BOD was shocked we went ahead with the event).  We persevered despite some of the most adverse conditions I've seen at an Appleseed. I was greatly pleased (and not a little impressed) to hand out a Winterseed patch with a distinguished rocker that afternoon to one attendee who shot a personal record of 243 (with iron sights). 

The weather on Sunday was mercifully much better.  Still cloudy and on the cold side but without the freezing rain.  And since we couldn't fire live rounds until 1:30, we held dry fire practice and history and KD in the nice, heated, clubhouse.  When we repaired to the range for live fire we rolled right into the redcoat, AQTs, a pause for the NPoO (natural point of Oreo) drill and more AQTs.  I was very pleased to hand out 2 more Rifleman patches on Sunday. 

A few pictures follow:
Jay
VA State Coordinator
540-855-4651
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."•Samuel Adams

misawa

Persevered indeed!  I was an hour east of the range and without power for most of the weekend; couldn't get out of my neighborhood until Monday!

Great pics, great event!  Well done shooters and instructors!

majorho

MOAR pics please!

As one of the students, Thank You to all the instructors for the fantastic course, curriculum, instruction and guidance for those two gross wet days!

jmck327

Had a great time despite the weather! Learned a lot from the instructors and looking forward to going back and earning my patch one of these days.

BillP_556

Quote from: jmck327 on March 26, 2021, 02:13:21 PM
Had a great time despite the weather! Learned a lot from the instructors and looking forward to going back and earning my patch one of these days.

A rifleman persists!  Looking forward to seeing you on the line in the future!
"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 24 August 1815