News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Florida **RBC** AAR - Jan 31- Feb 5, 2021 Isaac Davis Range

Started by Engineer shooting, February 09, 2021, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Annual Tallahassee Rifleman Boot Camp

31 shooters all left with patches, or re-qualifications and a crop of shiny new Orange Hats. Add another crop of new KD badges.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Timber Wolf

Pretty awesome time was had, as per usual at the IDMR.  Ken and Lori are terrific hosts.  Of particular note for me was seeing a Father and Son both qualify as Riflemen.  Let's see, Riflemen Patches, Orange Hats, Distinguished Patches, KD, wow, sounds like a complete package. Thanks to Ken and Lori and all who came and served the mission.

B.C.

Good times indeed. See the link below to a YouTube slide show of all the pictures I took while at the RBC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZqk5fjqhg
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Lucky Lori

what a great event it was   busy  busy busy  thanks for everyone who came  helped and enjoyed  more to followl

Marquis de M

Hoozah x3 for our gracious hosts Lucky Lori and Engineer Shooting! Without their vision, leadership and hard work, this would not have been possible! The ripple effects will be felt by generations yet unborn.

Same goes for all the outstanding Instructors from near and far away - you make it happen and bring smiles on all faces!

A very special and BIG Thank You to Cable Guy and Saltwater Shooter who went MUCH further than the Extra Mile over so many years! Your service above and way beyond the call of duty will never be forgotten.

Truly looking forward to the next RBC with special focus throughout this year to promote this unrivaled event to the largest extent possible.

Appleseeders, I salute you  :F

---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

Captain

What a great event! An entire week to learn from the best instructors and shoot with the best shooters. As an example of the improvement some shooters made, one father and son each went from an AQT score near 100 to shooting above 230! That's both of them getting to almost distinguished! There were folks all the way from Chicago and Michigan and Ohio, as well as South Carolina and all over Florida. This was my first time to visit the IDMR; Engineer Shooting and Lucky Lori have put together one of the best venues possible for an Appleseed from the camping, to the fire pit, the beautiful 25m range with grass and a cover and the pleasure of shooting a full 400yd KD through a tree lined "tunnel". Did I mention the soup!!  ;)

And still . . . the highlight of this event was meeting and spending the week with an incredible group of people dedicated to each other and the cause of liberty.

It's easy to see why the same shooters return year after year to attend the Tallahassee RBC. It will be on my calendar next year for sure!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Cold Warrior

Another great RBC at IDMR. Many thanks to our gracious hosts, and to all the Cadre.  O0

Captain; thanks for joining us! Check out the pics of you "Coaching 'em up."
Huzzah!

:F
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Cold Warrior

A few more pics.  :cool2:
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

JustKim

Another great RBC!!!  I swear they get better every year!  Unbelievable progress made -- and several new orange hats!!  I'm already excited for next year!  Thanks Ken an Lori and I look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Minutemom

I'm so happy that I got to attend the famous IDMR RBC this year! I was finally able to put my nose to the grind and accomplish a personal goal I set for myself, as well as achieving an AQT personal best score and finally scoring on the KD range! Ken and Lori are amazing hosts, and their range is beautiful. I came away from the week completely re-invigorated and re-motivated. I'm looking forward to making this an annual pilgrimage from now on.
I have attached a photo of our two newest orange hats. Huzzah!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Tennessee Beast

Quote from: Minutemom on February 16, 2021, 02:03:22 PM
I'm so happy that I got to attend the famous IDMR RBC this year! I was finally able to put my nose to the grind and accomplish a personal goal I set for myself, as well as achieving an AQT personal best score and finally scoring on the KD range! Ken and Lori are amazing hosts, and their range is beautiful. I came away from the week completely re-invigorated and re-motivated. I'm looking forward to making this an annual pilgrimage from now on.
I have attached a photo of our two newest orange hats. Huzzah!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

KawGirl

Hello All,

Hello from icy Texas... stuck here a week longer than i had planned. Had to change my flights back to Fla
I got my motorhome back to the Texas barn only an hour before the ice storm hit. Drove thru freezing fog the last 500 miles.  (I think I'll rent a rv from tally next time, lol) Other than driving the thing, it was a great time camping and shooting and I did requalify for 2021!

Many THANKS to Ken and Lori for being such fantastic hosts!!!

The lower-count AQTs, the paved road, Lori's soups, and mid-week porta-potty cleanouts were hits. :)

Most of my picts are fuzzy due to fogged lens :(  .... warm pocket, cold air ... But here they are.

See y'all next year!

KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

KawGirl

Picts part 2,

Most of my picts are fuzzy due to fogged lens :(  .... warm pocket, cold air.

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

Help me out here...
#1 __________
#2 __________
#3___________
and Matt or Tom?

Much Thanks :)
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Captain

I believe #1 is . . . #1! Saltwater Shooter!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Engineer shooting

#1 Joe
#2 Dave
Matt is mislabeled as Tom
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Minutemom

I think #2 is Dave (Pocket Watch), isn't it?
#3 is Rick
Kim and I believe Tom are missing from the picture
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,