News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob, Arkansas Appleseed

Started by Quinncannon, January 17, 2021, 08:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

We just finished up with another excellent shoot at the Vets Shooting Center in Bald Knob, Arkansas! The shoot was very well attended with fifteen shooters and a good compliment of Appleseed  instructor cadre.

Excellent instruction was dispensed, stories told, many Rifleman scores were fired, patches awarded and orange hats presented to new IIT's!

Always one of the highlights of my year!

Quinncannon, out.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

bright1

It was indeed a good one. Windy and cool but that did not dampen anyone's spirits. The level of perseverance and tenacity was outstanding!  Very good to see everyone. And as always, it was an honor to share the line with you, Quinncannon!

Bill VXX

Roger Quinncannon and Bright 1 !
Especially nice to see new folks participate.

If the weather is not going to allow winter patches to be awarded, shoot boss should arrange for temps in the 70s.

I am looking forward toward our next event.
Bill

swiftongal

This was my first Appleseed event, and I wasn't disappointed. After a frustrating first day of battling a malfunction and loose sight, I regrouped and scored greater than 210 on four different targets the second day, with a high of 229.  The instructors were great, very encouraging, helpful and patient. I can't wait for the next event to see if I can improve and be better prepared. I bought some blue Loctite a few days ago! Thanks to all those who helped me out. I'll see y'all again

Quinncannon

I'm glad you checked in here, this is a good place to stay current on Arkansas Appleseed. Sometime if you wish, meet up with some of your fellow Appleseeders at the Vets Shooting Center, we'll be glad to lend you a centerfire rifle, to see how you like it, before buying your own.
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

swiftongal

Cool! Might do that, and I've got a lot of friends in Swifton I can always borrow from for a few rounds