News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How Many Ladies are Needed for a Ladyseed?

Started by Gus, January 06, 2021, 09:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

Hello Everyone,

My wife asked me the other day how many ladies would be needed in order to have a Ladyseed?

Trudy and I do a lot of motorcycle riding and she is also a member of the Alaska Women on Wheels chapter. Almost all these ladies shoot at least a little and most have their CCW. At their next meeting, if we know how many are needed to set up a Ladyseed then Trudy can offer it up and see how many might be interested.

That said, I'm sure they would only be interested in a summertime event.

Thanks!

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Charley

Hey Gus!

It sounds like I need to meet your wife simply because I am also a fellow rider but in Ohio we have Women in the Wind  ;D

I have run LadySeeds with a few as 5 women. But I have run Appleseeds with only 3 shooters by choice. I did not want to cancel the event and decided to run it. I had instructors get down and shoot too.

I'm part of a Well Armed Women group and keep talking with those ladies about a LadySeed event. Many express interest but I have only had 2 actually participate. I do make sure all the ladies are aware that I do my best to get women instructors but there may be male instructors there. Male instructors are because of the few lady instructors in my area.

The short of my answer is if you're going to run it, I would say it's your choice as to the number of participants you want to be able to run an event.

Feel free to reach out if there's any specific information you or her would like

Charley

Mrs. Smith

Hi, Gus!  As Charley said, how many you need is like any other event.  How many students do you need on the line to make an event viable?  That answer varies widely.  Charley also mentioned the scarcity of female instructors in the program.  Having a Ladyseed doesn't mean you MUST have an all-female cadre, or even any, technically, if there are simply none available.  Is that what we'd like? Of course it is!  But we run with what we have or can get.  With sufficient advance notice, and a good number of students, we may be able to bring someone to you to Shoot Boss the event, if nothing else.

It may help to fill the line to know and spread the word locally that members of The Well Armed Woman and A Girl and A Gun get a significant discount on ticket prices.  They can obtain the proper code from their chapter leaders.

What else can we do to help you, Gus? 

At your service,
Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Gus

Thank you for the great information! I like the idea of reaching out to the other groups and see about getting more participants.

I'll ask my wife to bring this up at their next Women on Wheels meeting. After that, perhaps we'll get this ball rolling and schedule a Ladyseed!

Cheers!

Gus

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper

Mrs. Smith

Happy to help, Gus!  Please do let us know if there's anything else you need, or any other questions you have.

And keep us posted!

In Liberty,
Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Gus

Good news!  I see in our Alaska planning section we are looking good for a Ladyseed in July.

Gus