News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hamburg, PA IBC is open for registration

Started by EZ3, January 04, 2021, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

This Instructor Boot Camp will be held February 20 - 21 at Hamburg Rifle & Pistol Club.  Max capacity for the clubhouse is 18, including the instructor staff.  Unfortunately there is no camping available on site, but there are camping facilities available nearby, and also motels.  Kudos to azmule for making the arrangements!

Orange hats and/or red hats can sign up as students here: https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?qstate=PA&state=Pennsylvania

Shoot bosses and/or red hats, please PM me before signing up as an instructor.  There is a planning thread started here: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=59802.0   If you can't access the thread, PM me.

Looking forward to spending an educational weekend with the PA Appleseed cadre.  Border-raiders are welcome!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

EZ3

Event planning is proceeding on the planning thread (on the PA SCs Whiteboard).  So far azmule and StevenK have volunteered for the instructor staff.  We're looking for some students!  It will be a great antidote for Cabin Fever, and you'll have an opportunity to spend a little time with some like-minded Patriots working in a common cause.

Feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns here, unless they apply directly to event planning or curriculum/assignments.  That goes on the planning thread.

EZ3

Why come to an IBC?

Well, if you are just starting out as an IIT, or even if you haven't yet committed to an Orange Hat, you get the benefit of a cram course in becoming a proficient Appleseed instructor.  Performance at the IBC, combined with performance at a subsequent Appleseed event, can result in promotion up to IIT3.  And it's "just us", no need to sweat performing in front of students, just guys and gals that have been there and done that.  It's a "Jet-Assisted Takeoff" for your Appleseed career!

If you are already an IIT3 or IIT4, or even if you wear a red hat, it is an opportunity to refine your skills and borrow ideas.  This will improve your performance at future events.  This will lead to a better student experience, more referrals and more repeat students.  We ALL have room to improve, don't we?  You might even pick up some ideas on 7th-stepping, and start filling up the lines at your events!

And we won't be "in class" 24/7.  There will be plenty of quality time with like-minded people.  You'll meet new friends and catch up with old friends from "the Trail".  Find out what is "really" going on in the Appleseed world, not just what gets posted on the Forum.

Prerequisites for attending an IBC are:  attendance at an Appleseed event and demonstrated ability to shoot a Rifleman score.  If you have been considering taking up an Orange Hat, but want to know more about it - this is the time and place!

The textbooks for this class are the Appleseed Instructor Manual, and "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer.  Preferably, you will have read these prior to attending.  If not, RELAX!  We will help get you up to speed, regardless.

Come join us on February 20 -21 at Hamburg Rifle & Pistol Club for a fun, informative and probably entertaining weekend!

Charles McKinley

Come on out and knock the rust off and meet some new people!

An IBC is a great way to build your Appleseed network and make new friends.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

A good way to prepare for an IBC is to read "Paul Revere's Ride" and the Instructor Manual.  Students will be presenting history, so you might want to prep a 3-5 minute story (such as a Dangerous Old Man or similar) for Saturday.  Also be prepared to present the Second Strike on Sunday.  We will be focusing on delivery rather than content, so it's better if you already know the content.

PatD

Good morning everyone, and thank you for putting this on. Just got the email from EZ, and it asked for feedback on:
On the topic of masks, three options occur to me: 1) masks at all times when indoors, 2) masks except when presenting Points of Instruction, 3) forget the masks
Option 3 is my strong preference, I'll just leave it at that :)

Charles McKinley

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I ha e to wear masks for work so I can go either way.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Dixie

Looking forward to learning  the ropes, I also strong prefer option 3 on masks

EZ3

Okay, so far we have four votes for "no mask" and either/or.  Unless someone has a compelling reason for doing otherwise, that's how we'll roll.

I should have mentioned earlier that in addition to the Instructor Manual and "Paul Revere's Ride" there are History resources on the forum.  Under TIPS there is a Three Strikes tab which will lead you to a lot of good information.  There is also a History page under Instructor Info on the forum.

EZ3

There are still open seats for the IBC.  Come sharpen your instructor skills and get to know some of the PA Appleseed cadre. 

john hixson

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5

"I am a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf." â€" LTC (Ret.) Dave Grossman

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

NRA Endowment Life Memeber

john hixson

I am so excited about this. I have been looking for some place to serve and has guns. This has almost everything that I love. :F
"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5

"I am a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf." â€" LTC (Ret.) Dave Grossman

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."  Martin Luther King, Jr.

NRA Endowment Life Memeber