News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Antonio, TX AAR - January 8-9, 2021

Started by WhitePaladin, January 10, 2021, 09:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePaladin

Another great event at San Antonio!  The first day was quite challenging with lots of shooters requiring individual attention.  The staff was great and we met the challenge.  Day two went much smoother now that everyone picked the material up.  We got three AQT's done on day two minting two new riflemen!

Thank you to Rob for driving down from Colorado to help out!  Any shoot with Rob is great!  CokeGuy also dropped by for a few hours to say hello on day two.  Great to have Everrett here for a few hours.  I was hoping to hear his John Peter Muhlenberg DOM again, but I was not able to squeeze it in before he had to leave. 

scuzzy

Yup - SA is great. Man you guys had all sorts of VIP visitors!! Thanks all. And I see 'green' in somebodies future.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Captain

This is the second year I've been able to start a new year off in San Antonio and it really is worth the trip. At a time when the country seems to be on edge, it's really encouraging to see dads coming out with their sons and daughters, husbands and wives and even a couple of guys new to this country from Russia. Really just Americans from every walk of life spending a weekend learning about our incredible heritage and embracing liberty. So thanks to all of those shooters who came out to make this weekend such a success. Also special congratulations to Mendy and Alex for persisting and earning that patch, Mendy on centerfire and Alex on irons! I can't wait to see these guys move on to getting those KD rockers. (Yes, Pale Rider also has an event for that.)

On the instructor side, the Texas crew is top notch to the person. 40% of the crew were working on getting that next hat! Motivated instructors have to be the best testament to good leadership and mentoring Shoot Bosses like Pale Rider. White Paladin was working on his green hat and everyone knows he's not a man of half measures; when he does an Appleseed, he does it 110%. I look forward to attending events where he is the SBIC (shoot boss in charge - I just made that up). And if TxBootGirl didn't wear her hat, you'd never she was still an IIT. She's on the line, knocking out pieces of instruction and telling strikes like a seasoned pro. Did I mention line bossing? She did say she had a special place in her heart for bossing people around.  :) (Her husband apparently had no comment)  :)

Anyway, it was another fantastic Appleseed in San Antonio. (I mean it was sold out and it's a Friday/Saturday event . . . meaning people had to take off work/school to be there!) I can't wait for the next one!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

CokeGuy

Being in San Antonio for my daughter's 50th birthday (yes, 50!) I could not resist visiting the folks at the nearby Appleseed while my daughter's friends had her partying separately. She did not know we were driving from Georgia to be there. What a pleasure to meet some more of the Texas cadre and to enjoy the history presented by Captain during my short visit (met Captain in WY last June at the RBC, and had worked with WhitePaladin at the private Trail Life event in November, 2019). And to unexpectedly be asked to present WhitePaladin with his green hat was both an honor and a distinct pleasure. Thank you, Pale Rider. Well done, all. Great chatting with Mendy and watching TxBootGirl run a tight line. Only wish I could have spent more time with all of you, but a father's duties always take priority.

PaleRider

Everett,
It was great having you and nice meeting you! You are welcome anytime!
Tim

Quote from: CokeGuy on January 14, 2021, 09:17:36 AM
Being in San Antonio for my daughter's 50th birthday (yes, 50!) I could not resist visiting the folks at the nearby Appleseed while my daughter's friends had her partying separately. She did not know we were driving from Georgia to be there. What a pleasure to meet some more of the Texas cadre and to enjoy the history presented by Captain during my short visit (met Captain in WY last June at the RBC, and had worked with WhitePaladin at the private Trail Life event in November, 2019). And to unexpectedly be asked to present WhitePaladin with his green hat was both an honor and a distinct pleasure. Thank you, Pale Rider. Well done, all. Great chatting with Mendy and watching TxBootGirl run a tight line. Only wish I could have spent more time with all of you, but a father's duties always take priority.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

TXBootGirl

It was truly a great event.  I love my San Antonio family/crew and Rob, you are part of that too!  Always a pleasure to have you here.  Keep coming back!  Great job to our new Shoot Boss, Chris.  He's always well prepared and knows his stuff!!!  He did a great job mentoring me and checking on me while I was preparing the 3rd strike.  Thank you for that!  Mr. Everett, it was wonderful meeting you and chatting with you as well.  Mendy enjoyed getting to know you.

Congrats to both of our new riflemen, Alex and my husband Mendy.  He worked hard over the last year sorting out equipment issues, battling heat and not feeling well at past events.  We also might have gone to the ranch and worked on a few things **)  It was incredible to see the age spread in our attendees last weekend.  I think it was 70 years between the oldest and youngest.  Amazing!

As to my being bossy...  Well, I might resemble that a bit, LOL.  But hey, line BOSS and shoot BOSS require a bit of that.  It's not my fault yall named it that and that it suits me to a tee &)  Seriously, I love Appleseed and it's mission.  I'm happy as can be at any event helping our fellow Americans learn about their heritage whether newly here or descended from our forefathers and foremothers.