News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC Feb 28 - Mar 1 , 2009

Started by n00b, March 03, 2009, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n00b

Well First I must Thank all of the Instructors, they did a wonderful job under extremely wet conditions.  Thank You Bill, Robert, Crash, Fred and all those others that I can not remember their names... Nothing personal (you all did a good job from my seat) just I am not good with names.

Saturday was a slow day, I am guessing, due to weather and a slow "cook" or two... We did not shoot any AQTs on Saturday but we did learn alot.  Many of us had to bail on Sunday due to ice and snow being inbound.

The range at Ramseur is just awesome.  I will be back!  Who keeps up the grounds there at Ramseur?  A place that large needs lots of maintance and being Non-profit, I would think someone (or many someones) are spending lots of time keeping a place like that.  Are their set days when "Rifleman" and/or "Cooks" show up to work on the grounds?

I will be doing my home work... My Current Goal is to Shoot Rifleman on April 19th how cool would that be?

Again THANK YOU!

Kaleb
(Still a Cook!)

Fred

Quote from: n00b on March 03, 2009, 10:35:33 AM
... My Current Goal is to Shoot Rifleman on April 19th how cool would that be?

I'd say that'd be pretty cool, indeed. We have another Ramseur AS coming at the end of March, if you want to stay in practice. Better weather should be in store, if the globe will ever warm up enough to melt all the current ice and snow (in March! in NC!)...

As to your thought about volunteering to help maintain the range, PM me with your phone number and times/days you can volunteer, and I'll pass it on to the guy who does it. And thanks for the offer - you're right, there's a lot of work to it...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

redman1

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.To subdue the enemy without  fighting is the highest skill..
-SUN-TZU

The less effort,the faster and more powerful you will be..
-Bruce Lee

Cheeks

Hey Guys,

I attended the event with my brother this weekend, and I had a great time. I enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone, and I was amazed at how much I learned over the two days. My brother made Rifleman, and I missed it by 3 points. I've been feeling like Maxwell Smart ever since...

Fred, thank you for all you've done over the years, and all that you continue to do. There was one quote that you mentioned on Saturday, but I can't remember it exactly. I think you said it was from John Adams. He was talking about Posterity. Something about if Americans "let Liberty die after all of that was sacrificed for it, we would be sorry for having made the sacrifice." Could you refresh my memory on that one? Thanks again for everything.

I was really having withdrawal at work on Monday, I wanted to be back on the firing line! -Cheeks

Junior Birdman

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Old Navy Doc

I likewise was very impressed with my first ever exposure to the Appleseed course and instruction. If I didn't have had to drive back to Nashville Tn through the developing ice, I would have loved to have stayed for the Sunday session.

The Ruger 10/22 LTR that MKNBRD helped set up for me was fantastic and made sighting in very simple. Thanks, my friend.

I can see why using a .22 cal on the first day is an excellent suggestion and I will NEVER have a rifle without a sling I can secure to my bicep. What a difference in repeatable accuracy!

I look forward to attending a few more regular courses then attend the IBC and help with the courses here in Tennessee.  Thanks to one and all.

Steve (still washing dishes)
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato