News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ellijay, GA AAR, December 5, 2020

Started by Leadslinger66, December 06, 2020, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadslinger66

Four patriots and three instructors braved the early morning cold to learn about Liberty and work on marksmanship at the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church range in Ellijay, GA. After the important administrative items were complete, we got down to it. American Savage has rejoined the cadre, and he wasted no time in knocking the rust off his history presentations with the first strike. Then we moved to the range and shot those pesky redcoats, discovering we had room for improvement.

After we learned about slings and prone, we shot a string of fire, then moved to the six steps, NPOA, trigger control, and talking targets, firing more strings in between to stay fresh. During lunch we heard the second strike and then covered IMC.

With our bellies full of food and our minds saturated with history and math, we worked on dialing them in to get everybody on target, then stopped for the third strike and to quickly talk about Appleseed's known distance events.

We moved back to the firing line and covered sitting, standing, and transitions, scattering in AQT stages along the way. At the conclusion of the first AQT, we discovered a man who knows very well what he is about. Congratulations to Jeff on earning his rifleman's patch with a score of 226 - Huzzah! We were able to get in a second AQT, then once again went after those rotten redcoats, showing much improvement in the end.

I want to say thanks to all of the shooters for coming out to a mountain range on a nippy December morning. You are why we show up for these events. Kyrsten, you shot well. Greg, your improved score from AQT #1 to AQT #2 was impressive. Matt, you rocked that boltie, and with iron sights too! I know with practice, each of you can make it over the hump and score rifleman soon. Remember, a rifleman persists! Please come back out soon.
Also, thanks to Cynthia for coming out and sitting through the day, supporting Kyrsten and the angry American Savage ( there's an inside joke there - ha ha).

Thanks to the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church for hosting Project Appleseed. We love this facility!

Thanks to WileyCoyote and American Savage for the awesome instruction and support for this shoot boss. Much appreciated!

If anyone has pictures from the day, feel free to add them to this thread.
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

NobleSavage

I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I loved the location, it was the quaint kind of setting I dreamed of while shooting on unforgiving concrete at my first Appleseed.
I kind of shot myself in the foot by bringing a bolt-action, semi-auto may have helped earn the patch but I wanted some practice for the upcoming rimfire KD in Huntsville, AL next weekend.
If by chance a miracle occurs and I score the patch at the KD I'll pay it forward and be a volunteer in the future.
Thanks,
Matt
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
H.L. Mencken

Roswell

Sounds like a great event! Well done everyone!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Leadslinger66

Quote from: NobleSavage on December 08, 2020, 10:58:23 PM
I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I loved the location, it was the quaint kind of setting I dreamed of while shooting on unforgiving concrete at my first Appleseed.
I kind of shot myself in the foot by bringing a bolt-action, semi-auto may have helped earn the patch but I wanted some practice for the upcoming rimfire KD in Huntsville, AL next weekend.
If by chance a miracle occurs and I score the patch at the KD I'll pay it forward and be a volunteer in the future.
Thanks,
Matt

Glad you enjoyed yourself Matt. Good luck at the KD! Give us an after action report on how it goes!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

NobleSavage

I had a bit of an adventure on Sunday at the KD but Saturdays pistil course went smoothly.
Matt
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
H.L. Mencken