News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas, NV AAR December 12th-13th

Started by whangdoodle, December 13, 2020, 10:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whangdoodle

Another great Appleseed on the books. Strong winds and dust plagued day one but as we all know, Riflemen Persist!
Day two was rather cold with cloud cover but at least the 30mph gusts were gone.
It was great to see families coming out to the event together. Many made the long trek from the Grand Canyon State.
The longest distance traveled award, however, goes to Captain who came out from Colorado to help out.

Rifle marksmanship steadily improved throughout the weekend and everyone had a great time.

2020 ended with a bang by welcoming 3 new riflemen! Two of which also received our Luther Blanchard Patch.
Congratulations to Noelani, Hugh, and Kirk!

Thanks to all the instructors that volunteered and the Appleseeders that took the time to come to the event.

We'll see you next year!

derschneller

It was a great weekend - thanks everyone who travelled out for a safe and fun Appleseed. Congrats to our new Riflemen.

Gasguy

Thanks Whangdoodle for another great Appleseed!

Captain, thankyou for your help and suggestions!  Your visual aids rock!

derschneller, you showed great passion in your telling of your dangerous old man story.

Looking forward to more Appleseeds next year.

"Are we in America aware of the blessings bestowed on us thru our American Institutions?  If not, we must be reminded of it so as to be ready, willing and able to fight - yes, and to die for their preservation.  Col.  F.E. Nelson, Japanese P.O.W. # 1682, Jan 1, 1943.

Mark P

Thanks to all the staff that made this a memorable weekend for Mama and the cubs!
Noelani was ecstatic and brother Ricky and Mom are looking forward to the next one.

Until that day
M

MyNameIsEARL

I'm once again impressed with the skill and instruction provided by the team. I am so excited 😁 to attend my next Appleseed. This time I was able to bring my daughter and nephews who were overwhelmed with excitement about the history and marksmanship lessons. Truly made for lasting impressions on their vacation.

Thank you all!

Captain

This was another fantastic event put on by SB Wangdoodle and hosted by the Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club! Everyone of us in attendance learned more about putting rounds on target and embraced our shared American heritage of liberty. We had youth shooters who all made enormous progress and either scored Rifleman or were "in the hunt". We also had a great group of enthusiastic adult shooters who persisted through the weekend with several new Rifleman being revealed when the AQTs began.

Thanks to everyone who came out - such great folks make the drive from Colorado well worth the effort.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range