Author Topic: Mentorship in Georgia  (Read 95 times)

Offline Roswell

• Georgia SC
Mentorship in Georgia
« on: December 09, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »
First off, let me say thank you to Tennessee Beast for the idea to post this (and much of the verbiage ;) )

I was gifted with an awesome mentor when I asked for an orange hat...thanks to DrJohn.  It has been pointed out to me that not everyone is that lucky.  Therefore, I am re-instating a mentorship program for Georgia. We had it under DrJohn in an informal sense and I'd like re-instate it and formalize it.

If you want to be mentored, you can either contact the person you want to be mentored by or you can contact me and I will set you up with a mentor. Or if you want me to be your mentor as many others have, then I'm happy to do so as well.

If you would like to be a mentor, please contact me. This will be at least a one year commitment.  I suggest that the pair talk at least monthly and try to get together at a shoot or an Instructor Boot Camp at least once.

Suggested topics of conversation:
-When to start telling history and in what order
-Tips for teaching blocks of instruction/history
-Balancing work/family/Project Appleseed
-Advancing through the Progress Checks or SBiT Process
-What to do for Project Appleseed the "other 29 days" of the month
-And of course general "how's it going?" checkins to build relationships and strengthen camaraderie

In Liberty,
Roswell
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Top Requal Score (Distinguished) 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp:Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar:Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19