News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Morgan's Riflemen Flag

Started by CarrollMS, December 06, 2020, 12:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarrollMS

I would love to have that flag. Daniel Morgan is my wife's 1st Cousin 7x Removed through Daniel Boone. 

I found this 3'x5' at $69 here:  https://humphrysflag.com/morgans-rifles/

Here is a little desk-sized from Ebay  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Morgans-Rifle-Corps-XI-Virginia-Regt-American-Revolution-Mini-Desk-Flag-4-x-5-/143204695978

Does anyone have other sources?
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Mrs. Smith

Ghostring got these. I'll see if I can find out the source!

Quote from: CarrollMS on December 06, 2020, 12:50:23 PM
I would love to have that flag. Daniel Morgan is my wife's 1st Cousin 7x Removed through Daniel Boone. 

I found this 3'x5' at $69 here:  https://humphrysflag.com/morgans-rifles/

Here is a little desk-sized from Ebay  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Morgans-Rifle-Corps-XI-Virginia-Regt-American-Revolution-Mini-Desk-Flag-4-x-5-/143204695978

Does anyone have other sources?
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Ramblin' Wreck

Congrats!  ^:)^
I need one of those flags. Where did you order it?
Wreck

Quote from: AF5US on December 10, 2020, 11:38:49 AMLet's see if I can't get you the information you're asking for:

On the 6th of December 2020, five of our seven KD participants connected with the shingle.  Image is attached:

Terry A.
Erik G.
Casey N.
Robyin P.
Seth W.

Although we recorded their home states on the certificate, I did not think to record the information.  Let me know if this is considered highly-desired and I can email the participants if necessary.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Leadslinger66

Quote from: Ramblin' Wreck on December 10, 2020, 12:23:35 PM
Congrats!  ^:)^
I need one of those flags. Where did you order it?
Wreck

Quote from: AF5US on December 10, 2020, 11:38:49 AMLet's see if I can't get you the information you're asking for:

On the 6th of December 2020, five of our seven KD participants connected with the shingle.  Image is attached:

Terry A.
Erik G.
Casey N.
Robyin P.
Seth W.

Although we recorded their home states on the certificate, I did not think to record the information.  Let me know if this is considered highly-desired and I can email the participants if necessary.

I wouldn't mind one of the small ones, but it was $10.60 with $14.55 as the cheapest shipping option. If enough people in the TN Valley area wanted these, we might want to combine orders?
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Thaddeus

Maybe we can get a Store pricing. I'll do some digging.

Thaddeus

CarrollMS

Thaddeus:  Could you please also investigate a flag patch. It might be that the AOC would decide to reserve it for those who have qualified for the Morgans' Riflemen Roster by shooting the shingle at 250 (maybe with a bar for iron sights!)

Quote from: Thaddeus on December 11, 2020, 02:45:51 PM

Thaddeus
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Mrs. Smith

Carroll, there is already a process in place for this, and a patch designed for it.  :cool2:

For your reference, sir: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=59673.0

Quote from: CarrollMS on December 12, 2020, 09:46:01 AM
Thaddeus:  Could you please also investigate a flag patch. It might be that the AOC would decide to reserve it for those who have qualified for the Morgans' Riflemen Roster by shooting the shingle at 250 (maybe with a bar for iron sights!)

Quote from: Thaddeus on December 11, 2020, 02:45:51 PM

Thaddeus

509gman

My Morgan kin are no relation to Daniel Morgan that we know of; but my relative, Randall Morgan, served under same in the 11th Virginia Regiment. He died in 1777.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

CarrollMS

Corporal Randal Morgan fought in Captain Smith's Company, Daniel Morgan's command.  See the handwritten roster here and attached.  His unit is at the top and he is listed under the Corporal column
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9WB-C2CP?i=705&cc=2068326&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQGXT-4QKD
The muster is dated 1 May 1777
I would enjoy seeing his parents/ancestry in order to see if I can link Copral Morgan to our family's Morgans of Virginia.

Regards,
Mark  502nd

Quote from: 509gman on June 20, 2021, 05:04:03 PM

My Morgan kin are no relation to Daniel Morgan that we know of; but my relative, Randall Morgan, served under same in the 11th Virginia Regiment. He died in 1777.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Tennessee Beast

Just an FYI, there is a two page write up on Morgan's Riflemen in the latest issue of Shooting Times (August 2021).
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe