News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville, TN AAR - November 21, 2020

Started by Leadslinger66, November 23, 2020, 09:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadslinger66

Another awesome event in Wears Valley! Events at this beautiful venue are always attended by great shooters and staffed by super instructors!

We started the chilly morning inside with registration, opening comments (including an overview of the ranch by the C.O.O.), and a resounding first strike by Old Navy Doc. Then it was time to cover safety and move to the range.

With the opening redcoat, we knew we had some work to do, so we moved right into sling use, prone, NPOA, and the six steps. After some dry fire exercise, we went live and saw some promising groups. After some more squares and tightening groups, we covered talking targets and the all-important IMC.

The next block was well received - lunch! While the shooters ate, Gator0246 regaled us with his 2nd strike, then we introduced our known distance events to the shooters.

After lunch, we looked into IMC and shot some more squares, then moved on to the sitting/kneeling and standing instruction. We then took a break and kindled the fires of war with the third strike.

Next we moved into the first AQT, sprinkling in transition instruction as needed. The first AQT re-confirmed two gentlemen who knew very well what they were about. Kyle shot a 212 and Cory turned in a 210 with a boltie! (Since it was cool, we spared him from being baptized with North Bridge water - he was thankful).

Time permitted us a second AQT ( a rarity at one day events), and more shooters had success. John requalified with 219 and Steve turned in a 243 (Distinguished). Kyle backed up that earlier 212 with a 230 (with irons - Distinguished!).

We wrapped up with an appeal for seventh stepping, then Tellico presented the final thoughts on why we Appleseed telling us about Hannah Davis - gets to me every time I hear it.

Ray, Catherine, Benjamin, James, and Ellie, it was a delight to have your family on the line. I know you had some equipment struggles, but we saw some awesome groups by the end of the day. I look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon!

Matthew, you were knocking on the door. You'll qualify soon my friend!

Raquel, William, Carla, and Joanna, it was awesome seeing you on the line. Each of you improved throughout the day and I have no doubt you will qualify soon. Riflemen and Riflewomen persist!

Cory, Kyle, John, and Steve, congratulations on your requalifications. Keep up the good work!

I enjoyed this event and I hope to see you all again soon. Thanks to the shooters and instructors for making the day a success.

If you have any photos you would like to share, feel free to post them up here.
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Old Navy Doc

I can echo Leadslinger on the grit and persistence of our shooters. We had a wonderful mixed of ages, genders, and skill levels who all listened, learned, and improved and inspired the instructors to do their best. I personally loved working with them and seeing them grasp the meaning of April 19, 1775. Because of these students, I feel John Adams call is being answered.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Eagle Keeper

A really awesome day on the range, love this location. Got to meet Telico and watch him practice his craft of one on one coaching  O0.  I'm looking forward to the next event.
I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

jtdiver

Our Thanks to all the hard work of the Instructors at this event.  They had many beginners! Thank you for the great program.  Blue Hats, Red Hats and Orange Hat you are appreciated!

JTDIVER
1st Appleseed, Charlotte, NC
Rifleman Severville, TN  November 2019
IBC       Canton 3-22.
IIT-1      Ellijay, GA   May 16, 2022
IIT-2      Martin, GA   May 29,  2022
Pistoleerâ„¢  Martin, GA  May 27, 2022

Black Knight

What a wonderful day at Wears Valley Ranch for Appleseed!!  Even with our mix of shooters, the Time Monkey did not beat us.  Thanks to the leadership of Leadslinger66 and the outstanding coaching from the instructor cadre, all the shooters stayed engaged all day and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  We saw shot groups steadily improve.  First timers were truly impressed by detailed American Revolutionary War history like they had never heard it before.  The pictures tell the rest of the story.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Black Knight

As the day warmed, the instruction and volleys of fire heated up.
Black Knight

Black Knight

At the close of the day, there was recognition and awards.
Black Knight