News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI AAR - WINTERSEED Nov 21-22, 2020

Started by number6, November 23, 2020, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

number6

It always takes me a couple of days to come off the "high" of a successful Project Appleseed weekend.  Additionally I get time to process everything that happened and gather my thoughts.

I want to thank the students for sticking it out in what was a not unexpected, but still unwanted snow storm.  It did give everyone the opportunity to try and earn a Winterseed patch.  Unfortunately the three repeat riflemen already had that one in their collection.  In fact in looking through old photos on my phone, I may have found the original winterseed patch presentation for Josh, Sara and TL...   Now if I can figure out how to get my photos off the phone and onto the forum....

Anyway.  It was great to meet new students, Tharron, Mason, and Noah,  see familiar faces again and share the history of the founding of America with everyone.   Mason it was exiting to see your progress throughout the weekend.  Noah, you are right on the doorstep, just need a few more "lefty" tips to help with the efficiency in the rapid fire stages.  Tharron, you had some of the best standing stages I've ever seen, although we should have noticed that rail loosening up on the scope....  Brian and Usul it was great seeing you both again, I hope you both had fun, even though the winterseed patch just eluded you.

Lets see if I can figure out the one photo I took on Sunday.

EDIT: Well apparently technology wins again, I don't know why it's upside down.

number6

You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Stark

:pics:

A few pix from Saturday - https://photos.app.goo.gl/AuufSrL3CfPDX5748
Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.
- Gen. John Stark

MrZeke

Another great weekend.  Loved seeing the shooters stick it out even with the weather.

Looking forward to the next one.
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach unto himself.� - Thomas Paine

"There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights." - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1833 Treatise regarding the 2nd Amendment