News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL Lady's Pistol 21 Nov 2020

Started by Mixed Metaphor, November 23, 2020, 09:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

The Great State of Alabama has conducted its first Pistol event that was open to the public.  It was also our first Ladies ONLY Pistol event! 
I want extend our deepest gratitude to Don Eiermann, owner of Hobbs Island Shooting Range.  Don is a tremendous supporter of Liberty and Project Appleseed!  We have held several events there and have many more scheduled.
We arrived around 0730ish and held an instructor meeting.  Shortly after the meeting, GlockMike, Tennessee Beast and Booney Stomper headed down to set up the range.  Sadly, we had several shooters forced to cancel.  We had 6 absolutely wonderful ladies shooting. 
We started with a welcome and some history of our great Republic.  Then, we had instruction on safety, terminology, proper grip of the pistol, chamber checking, Weaver and Isosceles stances, low ready centerline index and natural point of aim.
We practiced what was taught using the DOTS target.  Practical exercises for each block of instruction.   
It was great learning experience for all!
After the practical exercises, we proceeded to the PQTs.  We were able to complete 3 PQTs and were in a race with the sun!
MarCelia volunteered to work as AppleCore and received a Blue Hat.
Tennessee Beast completed his 50th event!  He received his Silver pin.
Karen is such a treat to know and an inspiration!  Christa, Diana, MarCelia, Jen and Shannon are all a hoot!  I feel that I'm a better person for having spent the day with this group of shooters and Instructors.
I deeply appreciate GlockMike, Tennessee Beast and Booney Stomper. I look forward to working with this crew again. 
Look for pictures coming soon.

May Liberty Increase!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

CokeGuy

I had a wonderful time visiting and working with this great group of instructors and shooters. Sorry I had to leave before the end of the event...grandkids were arriving  in Georgia from San Antonio.
I continue to learn every time I attend and listen to the pistol instructors do their thing. Eager to qualify and schedule some pistol events in Georgia!
Karen and Jen, you guys are such a positive inspiration to us all. I had to share your "angel" and miracle story with our pastor on Sunday.
Loved the way you guys added to the day...I know you will both get your Pistoleer™ patch in the near future!

Tennessee Beast

I thought this event went really well.  I enjoyed working with everyone and was so pleased that MarCelia took a blue hat. You will be a great asset to our program (see happy pic below).  Congratulations to Shannon on earning her Pistoleer™ patch.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

SarahConnor

Thanks so much for running the class!  Always enjoy learning;the history and the shooting!

Google

Thanks to the instructor crew and all the ladies for coming out for this event!  I had a great time and hope to see all of you again soon  ^:)^