News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas, please welcome a new family to our Appleseed family!

Started by Mrs. Smith, November 22, 2020, 06:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

I am so happy to make this (somewhat overdue  :-[ ) announcement!

Please join me in welcoming Badmoose and Jonni to the cadre, ya'll.

Previously from Ohio, Badmoose and several of the little meese have been attending Appleseeds as students for several years now.  Now in Texas, he's already done a KD in New Braunfels and driven from Houston all the way to El Paso to attend our standard event here in September.

It only seemed logical to ask him if anyone had ever discussed the possibility of accepting an Orange Hat.  I was surprised the answer was no, frankly, but you can bet I soon took care of that  :cool2:  Moose is a fine shot, a patient student, and a lover of Liberty and History.  I'm looking forward to following his progress as he earns his Red Hat. Heck, maybe I can even be there when it happens!

The Mrs in this duo, Jonni, had been encouraged by her family to find out what we're all about, and at last she relented.  After a 10 hour drive across Texas, she found herself at the El Paso Community College Law Enforcement Training Academy, curious, and perhaps a little skeptical.  She's not a shooter herself, but I could see we were slowly bringing her around with our passion for the program, our history, and our liberties.  Before long she'd taken herself from a passive observer, to helping us out in the range control booth, and even learning to score AQTs.

Now, Badmoose came back to me with his answer surprisingly quickly, in the affirmative. I was tickled pink, ya'll.  ^:)^

I mentioned, sort of casually, the existence and purpose of the Apple Core to Jonni. Velvet glove seemed the right approach for this soft spoken lady, and I did not expect anything to come of it that weekend. Just planting the seed (see what I did there?  ;) )  Imagine my delight when, at the end of the weekend, she came to me and said, yes!  I was so surprised, and honored to be the one to present this fine gal the Blue Hat of the Apple Core.

East Texas, you're in for a treat.  I know you'll take good care of them!!!

Huzzah!!!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Texas T

Fantastic! Welcome to one of the greatest families you'll ever come across, the Appleseed group. Perhaps we can cross paths on the trail at some point in the future.

O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Jerry Hall

Badmoose and Jonni,
Again wlcome to the Appleseed Cadre!  :bow:
We are honored to have y'all with us.   ^:)^

Happy Appleseeding Trails,

Jerry  :F
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on November 22, 2020, 06:42:00 PM

It only seemed logical to ask him if anyone had ever discussed the possibility of accepting an Orange Hat.  I was surprised the answer was no, frankly, but you can bet I soon took care of that  :cool2:   

lol - you rock.  :1luvu Hugs to you and tell the ol' man hey for me.

Howdy and a big warm Texas Welcome to  Badmoose and Jonni. Hope to see you in the future.

Quote from: Texas T on November 22, 2020, 07:27:18 PM
Fantastic! Welcome to one of the greatest families you'll ever come across, the Appleseed group. Perhaps we can cross paths on the trail at some point in the future.

O0

Yup - I think my Appleseed bothers and sister are some of the best people I've ever met. And you need to get out to a Texas event someday - you would be more than welcome.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

[/quote]

Yup - I think my Appleseed bothers and sister are some of the best people I've ever met. And you need to get out to a Texas event someday - you would be more than welcome.
[/quote]

Good news, brother! They live in Houston now, and Badmoose is VERY interested in an IBC in Waco... Hint hint nudge...

Captain

What great news! Welcome aboard Badmoose and Jonni! You're really gonna love all the Texas crew - they're the best. You do have to be careful who you talk to though . . . that Mrs. Smith once told me she could lead a horse to water, but she didn't care if he drank - just put an orange hat on 'em!  :)

Seriously though, thanks for coming out to help. I hope to see you out on the "trail".

Captain
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Captain on November 22, 2020, 11:25:10 PM
You do have to be careful who you talk to though . . . that Mrs. Smith once told me she could lead a horse to water, but she didn't care if he drank - just put an orange hat on 'em!  :)

**)

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Black Knight

A hearty welcome to Badmoose and Jonni!  You have joined some of the best.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Badmoose

Thank you all for a warm welcome.  I'm very happy to be in Texas.  Ohio was fine but Texas suits me better.  The Mrs. isn't quite so enamored.  She is still trying to get used to the new and strange critters. 

I certainly have to credit Mrs. Smith with leading me to water.  She can kill me with her mind, you know  :shootself:, so I took the orange hat instead.  She and the Mr., along with Jerry, ran a good event, even under the burden of the GREAT COVID.  Mrs. Smith got a Blue Hat on my better half, that was real magic!

Hello to Texas T.  I shot my first KD under Corvette, 2018 I think.  A nice cold winter event and good time.

I'm happy to be involved with a group that recognizes the need to remind our people of the awesome heritage we have.  Hopefully we will answer well Ben Franklin's admonition to keep the Republic given to us.

Thanks again to Mrs. Smith  :1luvu

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Badmoose on November 25, 2020, 11:48:33 PM
Thank you all for a warm welcome.  I'm very happy to be in Texas.  Ohio was fine but Texas suits me better.  The Mrs. isn't quite so enamored.  She is still trying to get used to the new and strange critters. 

I certainly have to credit Mrs. Smith with leading me to water.  She can kill me with her mind, you know  :shootself:, so I took the orange hat instead.  She and the Mr., along with Jerry, ran a good event, even under the burden of the GREAT COVID.  Mrs. Smith got a Blue Hat on my better half, that was real magic!

Hello to Texas T.  I shot my first KD under Corvette, 2018 I think.  A nice cold winter event and good time.

I'm happy to be involved with a group that recognizes the need to remind our people of the awesome heritage we have.  Hopefully we will answer well Ben Franklin's admonition to keep the Republic given to us.

Thanks again to Mrs. Smith  :1luvu

It was my honor, Art. I do hope our paths cross again!

RJ.Mouse

[A Rifleman is not born but is cast in the Rifleman's mold by other Riflemen.
A Rifleman's greatest honor comes with passing of skills, heritage, and
knowledge of obligations to those that will and must continue the war.
...]
~ Steve Anderson ~