News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Charlottesville, VA November 7, 2020

Started by OddsREven, November 21, 2020, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddsREven

The weekend was perfect weather for shooting. We had 14 shooters with a good mix of experienced and new to shooting folks.  I am always struck by how well mannered and likeable our shooters are. We had a good ratio of instructors to students and the weekend went smoothly. Thanks to everyone for making it happen!  Special mention to our youngest shooter for the weekend (11 yo) who showed perserverance worthy of someone much older. We also had an experienced shooter who scored 237 & 239 (scoped centerfire rifle) on the last two of his AQT's . Awesome shooting.  The Redcoat scores speak for themselves as to the improvement of all shooters. 14 shot the Sat am redcoat with hits of 11 @ 100, 4 @ 200, 1 @300, 0 @ 400, 2 for shingle.  Sunday pm redcoat count was 11 shooters 7 @ 100, 5 @ 200, 2 @ 300,  4 @ 400, 4 for shingle and 1 cleared. Good job all.  We look forward to seeing all of you at future events!

BillP_556

I had a great time meeting all the shooters and working with the fellow instructors.  Oddsreven ran a great event and the weather was so nice I was wearing shorts & sun tan lotion!  Below are some pictures:

Oddsreven welcoming everyone and introducing Appleseed

Monkey discussing the Line Commands with the group

Shooting Redcoats

Wolfhound demonstrating the Sling techniques

JL providing some instruction

Oddsreven explaining the AQT

Rifleman scores of 237 & 239!  Huzzah!!

A young shooter who shot every drill over the (2) day event!

"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 24 August 1815

DeadAnt

Some more pictures from Saturday: