News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field FL, AAR Nov 07-Nov 08, 2020

Started by JustKim, November 10, 2020, 08:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKim

As the endless summer continued here in Florida, we had five patriots hang in there for the weekend. With a great team of instructors and a lot of water, Art, Cal, Don, Hanna and Walt all made significant improvements in their marksmanship, with four of the five shooting center-fire rifles. Saturday started a little slow with some sling and sight issues, but they were worked out and we picked up the pace. We hit the ground running on Sunday with a quick review of the safety rules and a refresher of Saturdays lessons, we then shot a Red coat and a couple of squares we got into the AQT grind. I am confident one more weekend and we will have Five new riflemen.
I would like to thank the Hurlburt Field Rifle and Pistol Club for their continued support of Appleseed and all it's members for the use of the range for the weekend. I would also like to thank the instructors that make it all happen.       
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

gunjunkie

Great weekend, very warm for Nov. Everyone hung tough and seemed to enjoy themselves and all made significant improvements. I really hope to see them back.
Thanks Tim for your second strike presentation and your black powder demo. Thanks Stan, Wacky and Chris for all your hard work and I know all the participants appreciate your great instruction. As always we appreciate the use of the range and all it's members for their inconvenience.       
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

artcsi

I had a great time, shook loose a lot of rust after not shooting a rifle or handgun in over four years!

Thanks all for keeping on my case to remember and use fundamentals! I enjoyed meeting all of you, some again, and really appreciate all you do! See you next Appleseed!

Dragon

Another great weekend. Fun to meet new shooters and old friends. Thanks to Just Kim,Gunjunkie and the Orange hats. Looking forward to the next shoot.