News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washington DC January 6th 2021

Started by StevenK, December 31, 2020, 09:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

Two instructors are going to DC- is Anyone else going? If so send PM and maybe we can connect on site.

scuzzy

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I've looked all over for either a charter bus or somebody driving to D.C. next week. No luck. Greyhound bus takes 2 days to get there. Flights are way too expensive and I'd have no place to stay. So it looks like I'll only be there in spirit.

If I was in PA I'd be going with you guys.

Everybody else - how many phone calls have you made to the elected (spits) officials about this? I've only made a few but each one involved expletives and mentioned objects and orifices. Being nice doesn't seem to work anymore. I resolve to spend one hour each day next week making calls.

Also - anybody driving better check this out:

https://twitter.com/ali/status/1343423845680607232

Watch from at list the 14 minute mark to 24 minutes. Driving will be a bee-atch.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Bravo_Alex

I'm curious, what'd you say to your representatives? I hadn't thought about contacting mine in regards to the protest, but appreciate a ideas.

Quote from: scuzzy on December 31, 2020, 12:23:06 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I've looked all over for either a charter bus or somebody driving to D.C. next week. No luck. Greyhound bus takes 2 days to get there. Flights are way too expensive and I'd have no place to stay. So it looks like I'll only be there in spirit.

If I was in PA I'd be going with you guys.

Everybody else - how many phone calls have you made to the elected (spits) officials about this? I've only made a few but each one involved expletives and mentioned objects and orifices. Being nice doesn't seem to work anymore. I resolve to spend one hour each day next week making calls.

Also - anybody driving better check this out:

https://twitter.com/ali/status/1343423845680607232

Watch from at list the 14 minute mark to 24 minutes. Driving will be a bee-atch.

scuzzy

Quote from: Bravo_Alex on January 02, 2021, 09:15:40 PM
I'm curious, what'd you say to your representatives? I hadn't thought about contacting mine in regards to the protest, but appreciate a ideas.

Well being the type says exactly what I think my diatribe was short & sweet. It involved telling him to stick his head in a warm, dark, moist place. And to stick his 600 bucks in the same place. Assuming there was room left over.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.