News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Inctructor's Christmas Party 2020

Started by Shep, November 01, 2020, 08:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

On Saturday December 5, 2020, I'll be hosting a Christmas get together for all Ohio Appleseed Instructors, IIT's, Blue hats and their families. This is not a formal Appleseed function in any way, it is just friends getting together for a fun evening.

We'll start around 5:30 P.M., I'll supply the meat (probably barbecue brisket), drinks, table service and whatever else I can think of. Please bring along a covered dish, desert of your choice, or anything you'd like to share. Please use this as a planning thread; if you know what dish you'd like to bring please post it so others can plan accordingly.

It will be held at the back of my farm in a building heated with a wood stove, so bring a jacket or sweater just in case you need it.  Limited restroom facilities; just an outhouse.

Please let me know if you're planning to attend, and if you're bringing any family members; I do need an accurate count, especially of children, (include their ages and gender) so I can have a little something for them to open.

Should we have some sort of severe winter weather event, we'll try to arrange another date.

Directions:
We're located at:
14933 Kirkwood Road, Sidney, Ohio 45365
(937) 726-9299 call or text.

From the South- Exit I-75 at Exit #83 (the last Piqua exit). Turn right onto Co. Rd. 25A, North towards Sidney. Follow Co. Rd. 25A for five miles. Turn right (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right. Look for an Appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

From the North- Exit I-75 at Exit #94 (the first Sidney exit). Turn left onto Co. Rd. 25A, South towards Sidney.  Go on through Sidney (it changes to street names in town, but just follow the road you are on through Sidney)  then follow Co. Rd. 25A for another five miles. Turn left (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right. Look for an Appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Count on me being there hopefully with the spouse. See you then.
Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charley

Little Buddy, Yankee and I will be there with Little Buddy's Cheesy Potatoes again! Looking forward to it!

Shadow870

I will be there for sure with a dish of some kind. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both tyrants and patriots. - Thomas Jefferson

Meadow

Plan to be attending, bringing brownies for the sweet tooth

Dangerous Old Lady - "Dol"

Jingo, Liberty Belle, (Tori, female 12 😉), and I are planning on being there! I will bring buckeyes, still thinking on the side dish, maybe a veggie or fruit tray? Looking forward to seeing everyone!  :)

Rattlehead

We'll definitely be there; it looks like we're gearing up for pie(s) (pumpkin and possibly apple).

Doc Willi

Shep,
I will be available all day the Friday before to help set up if you need the help.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

WildBillCody

Family and I are planning to attend. Sophia is 10 and Abigail is 8. Haven't talked to Rebecca about what we are bringing.  I'll edit this as soon as I know.

Cody

Edit: Will be bringing a potato casserole and a batch of sugar cookies.
A disarmed populace is the best defense against liberty.

Coyote217

Planning on being there (2)  unknown what we will bring.  rick
"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

Hannibal ante portas!

Doc Willi

I will be there, but will be flying solo
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

vic

Ill be there. Ill bring mac and cheese

Have 2 boys 8 and 1
2 girls 6 and 3

devilkitty

Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf