News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia, OH KD October 24-25, 2020

Started by EZ3, October 25, 2020, 09:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

This was another great event at a very accommodating range.  Thanks to Tusco Rifle Club for once again going out of their way to make Project Appleseed feel welcome.  The weather was gloomy most of the weekend and a little chilly, but the R--N held off until after our last AQT.  So, the weather was perfect.  Some shooters who had to share their shooting positions with puddles from previous rain showers, or who almost lost their boots in the glutinous mud at the target line may disagree, but it was perfect from where I was standing.   ;)

The marksmanship, on the other hand, was very sunny.  Struggle started off the hit parade with a 41/50 to earn her KD bar (on her birthday).  NavyShooter scored 42 twice before firing a 48/50 to earn his Distinguished bar.  They both volunteered to take Orange Hats to help grow the Ohio cadre!    :bow:

Matt earned his KD bar and his Rifleman patch with a 41, followed by a 40.  Tom shot a 42, St8Space fired up a 40, 43 & 42, and cwcdl79 shot 45 & 46, so close and yet so far from earning Distinguished.   :(

Nine of our shooters were new to Known Distance shooting, not that you could tell that from the scores, but had attended multiple 25 meter events, so our instructor crew dusted off some seldom-used Heritage presentations, including the full text of Patrick Henry's famous March 1775 speech to the Virginia House of Burgesses, the story of Timothy Murphy at the Battle of Saratoga, and the story of the 27th Amendment to the Constitution.

Thanks to Devilkitty and Lil Dragon for border-raiding to make this event possible.    O0

In summary, keep your eyes peeled for future events at Tusco Rifle Club in New Philadelphia, OH.  Be there or be square!    :cool2:
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

cwcdl79

Huzzah! What a glorious weekend of appleseed, kd style!
One day, stage 2 is going down! Really wanting that distinguished bar for a kd too.

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

Man those distinguished bars are cool!

cwcdl79

Couple of kd qualified riflemen

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

I didn't think it was THAT cold...

Ricochet Rabbit

Huzzah! It was a great weekend recharging my America battery  :F I heard some history that I hadn't heard before, and some history I'd heard, but from a different speaker  :pop: And the shooting was fantastic  :---  Sure, it was a bit nippy and the ground was dank, but putting it all together on a KD range sure is satisfying, particularly among so many fellow Americans working towards a common goal. A big thank you to my fellow shooters, the instructors, and TUSCO for putting together a weekend to remember. And congratulations to all the qualifying shooters. See ya'll again soon!
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

DontFlick

Congratulations to the new kd riflemen/women. A special congratulations for the distinguished.

Also a congratulations and a thank you to the new orange hats!
Life. Fortunes. Sacred Honor

devilkitty

Come on, it's always sunny at Tusco!
What an event. New KD qualifications, and even a new Rifleman+KD (now that's an efficient use of ammunition!). Two new IITs. The support we always get from Tusco Rifle Club. Couldn't have asked for a better week-end on the range.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the line again soon. Y'all make it worth the 550-mile round trip.
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

MXCGMDVIII

Thanks for a great weekend and, for all the instructors who volunteered their time to teach us some skills and American history. Had a blast and finally got that rifleman patch. Hope to see you again at another event.
Appleseed Promotional Video: https://youtu.be/2hnYNx1EsMw
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
-Patrick Henry

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
-Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

Wow, did I miss a great event. Congrats to all who shot the score, made Distinuished, and/or Rifleman.  To our new Orange Hats, welcome to the team and I look forward to working with you next year. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!