News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Black Creek Camping?

Started by Bravo_Alex, October 21, 2020, 01:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bravo_Alex

I was looking into the KD at Black Creek coming up in December (https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=180&eventid=7318); in the description it says "camping available." Any more information on that? I assume it means a grassy field to set up a tent?

Thanks!

misawa

There has been camping in the past, "grassy field" about sums it up.  I assume it is still available as an option but will let one of the range members there chime in and confirm.

Monkey

This pretty much sums it up.

Key here is to pitch camp on the side of the grassy field...aka the parking lot...closest to the treeline side, so as to not clobber vehicle parking.

Tent camping and dry camping are allowed.  Just inform the Shoot Boss for the event ahead of time.  Would bring portable fire pit (vice a scorched ring on the ground/parking lot).

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Bravo_Alex

Thanks for the gouge. I use a little 1-person tent, no campfire. I'll do my best to stay out of the way!

Captain

Bravo_Alex - "Thanks for the gouge" Man I haven't heard that term in a few years . . .   :)
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range