News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ron Buchanan (Henry Foxall, NC State Coordinator) Passed Away. Service info.

Started by Maximum Ordinate, January 24, 2021, 11:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Polonius asked me to share this.  I can't take credit for the write-up and I thank Bill for that.  Ron was a fine man.  He was a gentleman and a credit to our program.  He served faithfully as the North Carolina State Coordinator.  It was a pleasure both talking with him and working with him.

The Appleseed community has lost a faithful friend and patriot, Ron Buchanan. Ron, NC State Coordinator, died Jan, 21 after a long struggle with serious health issues. Anyone who has attended an Appleseed event in North Carolina over the past five years was positively affected by Ron. Ron will be remembered for his heartfelt history presentations, Tour of Flags, cheerful hard work, and unfailing generosity. Always patient and helpful, Ron had a heart for the students.

Ron will be most fondly remembered by the Sea Cadets who have attended Appleseed events at Ramseur. As a retired Navy Chief, Ron encouraged and mentored the Sea Cadets with Navy aspirations. Ron also put together custom tailored Revolutionary War Navy stories specifically for the Sea Cadets. Along with his wife Jo (Mother Batherick), Ron lavished friendship and support on homesick cadets.

After retiring from the Navy with the rank of Chief, Ron moved on to a second career as an EMT, and then gunsmith and pastor.  Ron leaves behind his wife Jo, along with 5 children and 6 grandchildren. Funeral services will be noon Thursday, January 28 at Rogers & Breece Funeral Home in Fayetteville, NC, with burial at the nearby Sandhills State Veterans Cemetery at 2:00 PM. There will be a time of visitation Wednesday, January 27 5:00 - 7:00 PM, as well as 11:00 AM Thursday immediately before the funeral service. Anyone interested in attending may contact Polonius on the forum with any questions.

Fair winds and following seas, Chief.   :'(

in Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mrs. Smith

There are times I truly wish I could meet EVERYONE in this program, and this is one of those times.

If I could, then I'd be able to contribute a memory, an anecdote, that would help keep Ron's presence fresh, even in his absence. And I am surely the lesser for not having those memories.

Perhaps there's an appropriate place for those who knew him to do just that? If not here, then a thread of its own dedicated to all things Ron? A place to share with those of us with the misfortune of never having met him, and for future Appleseeders to be able to learn from him. His posterity, if you will.

"We're built to cruise for but a while upon this trackless sea,
until one day we sail away into infinity."

Rest easy, Chief. We'll keep her afloat.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Maximum Ordinate

Just received this update:

Sorry for the confusion, but a cemetery over booking issue has caused Ron Buchanan's funeral to be rescheduled. The updated schedule will be as follows:

Viewing February 2, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Rogers and Breece Funeral Home
Funeral February 3, 12:30 PM (short viewing before hand) Rogers and Breece Funeral Home
Burial February 3, 2:00 PM Sandhills State Veterans Cemetery

Rogers & Breece Funeral Home
500 Ramsey Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Tel: 1-910-483-2191

Sandhills State Veterans Cemetery
310 Murchison Rd,
Spring Lake, NC 28390
Tel: 1-910-436-5630
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.