News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS Oct 17-18, 2020

Started by dart67eb, October 18, 2020, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Another excellent shoot at Como!  The facility is constantly being upgraded and is very nice.  Fourteen students on Saturday and a few less on Sunday due to commitments.  Charlie Upton Made Distinguished Rifleman this time and his son, Will,  made Rifleman on his first clinic!  Many were in the 170-200 range and will surely patch the next time they attend.  Many thanks to Tennessee Beast and Mr. A Team and especially Rustygun for being promoted to Shoot Boss.  I hope to see all of you again in the future!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

dart67eb

I don't know why my pictures came out sideways, but anyhow, how about shooting zombies and the Garand?!   Maybe next time we'll shoot the Garand at zombies.  Or is that too much fun? 
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Tennessee Beast

I had a great time and enjoyed working with this enthusiastic group of shooters.  We had some folks get really close to making rifleman  (190's-204).  Keep practicing and you'll get it.  I also want to thank the range for their hospitality.  I didn't take many pictures, but I did capture a "father-son moment".
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Rustygun

A great shoot at Como! Perfect weather and a really good group. Congrats to new Rifleman Will and his Distinguished Dad! Steve and Ed had brand new rifles and had a little trouble getting them going. Steve ended up coming on very strong on the last AQT breaking 200. Next time. Ed made some serious progress and I was surprised to learn he had never fired a rifle before 6 months ago. Chris and Gideon made a lot of progress. Connor and Richard were shooting better and better. Connor had some frustration with equipment but pushed through it and made a lot of progress. Richard had some equipment issues with his rifle, but a Rifleman persists. Kevin and Bree were shooting great with their iron sights especially for first timers. They were knocking on the door of a patch but kept having 3 good stages on an AQT before they ran out of steam late Sunday. Really impressive progress though. Chad was back again but still couldn't quite find the Stage 2 groove. Mark was banging away with his iron sighted AR. The short sight radius proved problematic though. Still some very good shooting. Joe was looking good becoming more and more consistent all weekend. A great group that showed up early Sunday and was ready to go!

Thanks to all the shooters for coming and we hope to see you again soon

Special thanks to TNBeast for coming 3 hours to help out

Will gets his patch

Ebben with IMC or was it MIC?

TNBeast rocks long range

Charlie gets a Distinguished tab

Mr A Team with the Second Strike

Rustygun snags a Green Hat

wp10202

Great October weather at Como and thanks to all involved to have a shoot in MS.  Quality instruction and history from Ebben, Pete, Dave, and Robert was appreciated and is making a difference.  Will Upton had a great time shooting zombies, an M1, and a 10/22 and is ready to go again.  We are all looking forward to another one in the future.

hobbes1069

Had a great time! Just got tired of fighting with my trigger...  !@#)

That should get solved soon. Just got my M*CARBO spring kit and VOLQUARTSEN hammer and precision extractor!

See you in the spring!

Thanks,
Richard

bright1

Congratulations to Rustygun on earning the green hat!  Looking forward to working with you again!

bright1

Congratulations to Rustygun on earning the green hat!  Looking forward to working with you again sometime!