News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Appleseed theme song?

Started by jordancurve, October 14, 2020, 08:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordancurve

https://youtu.be/hAbmimbaFHE

"Keep Your Rifle By Your Side" â€" Hope County Choir (from the soundtrack to the video game Far Cry 5)

My understanding is that this song was intended as a kind of satire. But just as Yankee Doodle was adopted by Americans as a song of defiance, I think this song has potential as an anthem for the liberty-minded.

Catch-10-22

And here I thought it was:

50, 50, 55 seconds to go
I wanna shoot from seated
Targets are two, I gotta reload

Just get me into prep now, tighten up my sling
Hurry, hurry, hurry before I blow the stage
I control my finger, focus with my brain
Oh go go go go go

But maybe that's just me...

JayB

Quote from: Catch-10-22 on October 14, 2020, 10:14:45 PM
And here I thought it was:

50, 50, 55 seconds to go
Targets are two, I gotta reload

Just get me into prep now, tighten up my sling
Hurry, hurry, hurry before I blow the stage
I control my finger, focus with my brain
Oh go go go go go

But maybe that's just me...

That's great! Now I'll be singing to the Ramones at every event!  O0
Jay

Charles McKinley

This song falls outside the mission of righting the ship of America.

When the situation devolves to the scenario in this song we have lost and the Republic has fallen.

SOM SOM- Stay On Mission, Stay On Message

A reporter doing a story on AS would get a lot of ammunition to use against the program from a song like the one in the link.

We are already dealing with the possibility of people using the program the gain skills for less than honorable purposes.  Expect the increased scrutiny from the media to return as well.

Fill the lines,  plant seeds of Liberty in the hearts and minds of the American people and pray the soap box and the ballot box do their job.  As in 1775 it is a cold, dark and uncertain future on the other side of that door.

In Liberty,

Charles E. McKinley
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Catch-10-22

This was a failed attempt at humor, not a serious suggestion. Apologies to all.

EZ3

Quote from: Catch-10-22 on October 16, 2020, 07:58:28 AM
This was a failed attempt at humor, not a serious suggestion. Apologies to all.

I think Chuck was referring to the OP, which was not posted by one of our volunteers.  It is good to see those who are interested in our mission, but who have not yet volunteered, joining us on the forum.  However, we all need to keep in mind that this is a public forum. 
The OP pointed out that this song was created by those of one political/social point of view to demean the values of those with different views.  Ironically, it has been adopted by the "demeaned" group as sort of an anthem, in defiance.
Appleseeders should always keep the "boomerang effect" in mind when posting.  SOM-SOM
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charles McKinley

Yes, I was addressing the OP.

This interwebs thing is horrible at the delivery of sarcasm, emotions, tone, etc.

I've been trying to think of the Ramones song to put with you lyrics but I'm just not music oriented.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Cannibal

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Rifleman - October 7, 2023 - Dunbarton, NH

Charles McKinley

TomM1Thumb

I have been thinking about this for a while.  had a strange dream last night. On waking I came up with Idea of the Appleseed Theme song.

https://www.last.fm/music/Jim+Nabors/_/The+Impossible+Dream

You can Pick Your favorite singer.

This is My Quest to follow that Star,  No matter how Hopeless,  No matter how Far,  To Fight for the Right..

You get the Idea...

I like the movie version from Man of La Mancha starring  Peter O'Toole Also.

https://youtu.be/RfHnzYEHAow

Have Fun with this.

Tom

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Catch-10-22

Gotcha - thanks all! And completely agree - simplicity and precision in our message and mission is critical, as it is for all things Appleseed.