News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sudlersville, MD Rimfire KD AAR -October 11, 2020

Started by Catch-10-22, October 12, 2020, 09:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch-10-22

Well, we ran out of perfect weather in Maryland, but we had a committed group of 6 shooters and 2 instructors also shooting for part of the event beat the "time monkey" ahead of afternoon rain at our 200 yard Rimfire Known Distance shoot. We got in 3 AQTs before 230pm and then wrapped with history and some 7th stepping before the rain really started coming down. I know it drove the students hard, but it paid off with a lot of rounds down range!

2 students earned their brand new Rimfire KD rockers. Jim W qualified twice and missed distinguished with optics by one measly hit! Sarif K, a former shoot boss, qualified on the last AQT of the day with a 46, only 2 shy of distinguished. Mark, a previous qualifier, fell a few points short each time, mainly due to malfunctions in timed stages. Jeff was in range a few times using his bolt action and pre-shoot calibrated BDC reticle to get to 200 yards but couldn't quite get there.

Sean, Doug, and Shannon each slogged through equipment and zero issues. With the amount drop that needs to be dialed in as well as the basic precision required, every student dealt with mechanical and memory issues under stress. I guarantee that everyone shooter knows more about his equipment after the experience, knows how to prepare for the next event, and is ready to come out and give it another try.

Many thanks to MDShooter for working with the host range to get this event set up on short notice, for helping me with preparation a few weeks ahead of the event, and teaching the components on rimfire bullet drop and wind. Many thanks to CatGravity and BillP_556 for doing some of the introductory briefs and working the line when not shooting. And thank you again to the Delmarva Sportsman Association in Sudlersville, for hosting the event - Huzzah!

Photos are available on the MD Appleseed Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Project-Appleseed-Maryland-264406060313831/

Our October blitz continues next weekend with a 2 day event. That will make 5 events in 3 weeks across MD and WVA!

BillP_556

Starting the day!   :F

Explaning a great target to test your dials & BDC!

From the 50-Yard zero, dial/hold to your 100-Yard and make 3-shots.  Dial/hold to 150-yard and make 3-shots.  Dial/hold to 200-yard and make 3-shots.  Dial/hold back to 50-yard zero and make 1-shot. 

My 200-yard target from the day 16/20 prone <5-minutes  :~

"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 24 August 1815

Cold Warrior

Huzzah! Looks like a lot of fun.
We'd like to come to the next one!
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Catch-10-22

It was a great event. And students loved earning the new RKD rockers!

The revised manual was excellent to work from and you will learn a ton, even as an instructor (though more as an instructor who is also a shooter!). It will challenge your equipment and your skill level. It makes it easier to teach KD concepts during our 25m events and helps our students see the field applications of what we teach.

We hope to get events in the Spring and Fall next year and are coordinating with the range on dates. We are always grateful to Delmarva for being such good hosts.

I am a huge advocate of the RKD concept so if other states want to figure it out, the MD crew is happy to advise. We aren't the only ones doing it but we love it.

Sheepdog87

I was considering hopping on this, but it didn't work with my schedule. Hoping to get into one of these in the near future.
--ARW
Morgan's Shingle and Redcoats Cleared 07 MAR 2020
Rifleman 07 MAR 2020
Distinguished Optics 08 MAR 2020
Winterseed 23 JAN 2021

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
-1 Corinthians 10:31

Catch-10-22

Would definitely like to have you there! You have all the core skills so I think you can do very well. PM or email me if you want any tips to prepare.