News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nappanee, IN. Oct. 3-4, 2020 AAR.

Started by Click, October 06, 2020, 05:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Click

Well it was another wonderful weekend at the Nappanee Conservation Club. We had 9 of the most amazing shooters show up and help make it a great weekend. All the shooters took the instruction over the weekend and ended showing remarkable progress. We had 1 requal, 2 new riflemen,  and many of the shooters knocking on the door. If you didn't make that score this weekend I'm confident that if you keep practices and remain persistent you will be seeing those scores in no time. The weather on Saturday wasn't that bad just a little cold and the rain on Sunday didn't discourage our shooters from coming back for more. As always I would like the thank the Nappanee Conservation Club for hosting the shoot this weekend as always the range and hospitality was amazing as always. Now I know there were some pictures taken so lets get them posted so all can enjoy them.

:pics:

Click

Youth patches

plinkerdad

As first timers, both the daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot!

We really appreciated the great hospitality of the Nappanee Conservation Club, as well as the extremely patient and informative instruction from the RWVA staff.

Dave Rose

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible!

Noah and I both improved our skills and knowledge this weekend thanks to the quality instruction. The history lessons were excellent, and 3Dogs presentation on the meaning of being free is not be missed!

My son and I attended this weekend as our third AppleSeed. He got into the truck Sunday evening talking about how much he's looking forward to the next one. I can't give any higher compliment than that.

chillcox

I can't believe a week has already passed since this event. Time flies.

Dropping in to say thanks to Click, 3.Dogs, Tinman, and Pinkie for a great weekend. This was my first Appleseed and it will not be my last.

I especially appreciated Pinkie's laser pointer demonstrations of good form, NPOA, and respiratory pause. Watching her NPOA react to breathing, then seeing how she used hip wiggles and toe pushes to adjust body position was instructive. I can still watch in my mind's eye the reaction of that little red dot as she got NPOA on the lower right practice square, muscled the rifle over to the left, closed her eyes, and let her breathing and body relaxation bring her back to NPOA. As that dot settled in on the lower right again and she opened her eyes to verify success, I was like "whoa". Back to the line to try out what I just observed and my groups tightened up 1/2" easy. That was cool.

I am a fan of storytelling. The art of using one's voice, body, and words to convey meaning through story is a time honored tradition in my family and I thoroughly enjoyed Graywolf's rendition of various scenes from April 18-19, 1775. I think I'd enjoy a few hours around a campfire listening to him teach history. Sorry Click, you're going to have to practice a bit more to catch up with Papa in this department.

Lastly, I'd like to thank the instructors for setting and maintaining a positive, fun atmosphere. We had several youth shooters and it is so important to help them feel safe and welcome so they have a good time. By the end of the weekend, everyone was visiting and trading stories like old friends. I thought that was really great.

Thanks again folks. Hope to see you again soon.

Graywolf, if you see this, we need some of those photos up here.