News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Missoula, MT October 3-4, 2020 Appleseed AAR

Started by peterlandsiedel, October 08, 2020, 11:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

Who knew Missoula would still be so warm in October?

We had nine shooters on the line, with 6 of them repeat students.  Three of them requalified as rifleman and one of our new shooters was consistently turning in scores in the low 200s on Sunday morning.  Charlie qualified with a centerfire for the first time.  Congrats bud!  I'd wager each shooter saw marked improvement from Saturday morning. 

Our two youth shooters, siblings, were a real treat to have on the line as their enthusiasm, and textbook adherence to safety, kept morale up all weekend.

Schooner made the long drive to join us as an instructor.  It was a pleasure working the line with you and getting some cross-pollination.  Finally, a *huge* congrats to Slainte for earning his Red Hat! All the hours you've spent studying and practicing outside of shoots shined through this weekend.

I had a great time this weekend.  I hope to see all of you again on the line down the road. 

Slainte

It was indeed glorious weather for a day out with students.
Thanks to Schooner for some outside tips that we will be integrating into our Missoula shoots.
Thanks Peter for the cool new red hat! I will put it to work!
Thanks to all the great shooters who let me learn from them.

sleepy

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I look forward to hitting a shoot out your way some day.