News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI September 26-27, 2020 AAR

Started by Superheat, September 28, 2020, 10:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

An Outstanding event.  The weather was Awesome!  The Students were Awesome!

Thank you to the 19 students who listened intently and worked hard improving their marksmanship. 
We had Three new Rifleman: Andy, Jody and Al.. HUZZAH!  Two requalifications T-Rex and Chip.  Chip also shot a 247 earning him a distinguished patch.  Nice job sir.

Thanks to T-rex for reading the Madam-yaught-nottin story.  We had 8 Morgan's men on the final Red Coat of the weekend.  It was indeed a nice tribute to Captain Isaac Davis. 

I was proud of the youth shooters we had.  Connor, Ben, Emma and Carly, I look forward to giving each of you a rifleman patch some day.  Keep practicing and you will get there.

Also, a big thank you to Fenton Lakes Sportsman's club for their continued support of Project Appleseed. 

I hope to see each of you again on the Appleseed trail..  :F 'MERICA!!  :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :---  :--- :--- :--- :---

:pics:

Miki

I was only able to be there Sunday. All Appleseeds are great. This one was amazing. So many shooters soaking up the instruction and history. It was my great pleasure to work with each and everyone of you. You all made amazing progress and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Miki

Pocket Watch

It was a stellar event. There were so many awesome shooters and great improvements made! Parker's revenge was a good fun shoot!

mrsurplus

I would like to second (or third) what the other instructors have said. This was a great shoot.

To give you all a bit more perspective, on a typical Appleseed Sunday  we MIGHT get in 3 or 4 AQT's. You guys shot 7 and a fun shoot!!!
There was no whining or complaining, you guys simply dug deep and persevered over a very long day. You should all be proud of yourselves. You made our jobs incredibly easy. You listened, you learned, and most importantly you were SAFE. 

It was a pleasure working with you all, and I hope to see you on the line again soon

MrSurplus

" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

Leadfoot Luke

Thanks to all that made this shoot.

In no particular order :
Thank you Superheat.
Thank you Mr Surplus (with extra thanks for bringing the hand washing station).
Thank you Madhatter.
Thank you TL.
Thank you Number 6.
Thank you Miki.
Thank you Wrangler.
I know there are others, but I can't remember all the names - thank you as well.

Just like my previous event in 2018, I am impressed with the professionalism, the depth of knowledge, the passion, the courtesy, and the extreme efforts that everyone made to coach/teach/help the shooters at this event.  I wish I could attend more often.

I posted a pic of one of my redcoat targets on Facebook and had two "cowboy" friends express interest in Ohio shoots (Gibsonberg and Piqua) - hopefully they will give it a try.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully we can shoot together again in the near future.

Fidget

One on one with students
Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile

Fidget

Demos

Fidget

The Line

Fidget

Parker Challenge Winners! Great job everyone!

Fidget

Explaining the Riflewoman patch.

MadHatter

Wow!  ;D What an incredible weekend! Thank you to all of you students for bringing your teachable attitude and for having fun! It truly was my pleasure working with each and every one of you, and I look forward to seeing you all again on the Appleseed Trail! :F
"Glove up!" Wizard
"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." Alexander Hamilton

ThreadNLead "TL"

What a fantastic event! I had so much fun, as I always do!
Thank you to Fenton Lakes for hosting our Project Appleseed event!
Thank you to my fellow instructors! Love you guys!
Thank you to all the students for coming out! I hope you had as much fun as I did, if not more.
Such a great group of students this past weekend. Safe and they really brought a teachable attitude. I LOVE seeing people improve over the course of a weekend! (It makes getting up at 4:45am totally worth it!!!  ;) )

I'm a shutterbug so as always, here are a ton of pictures!!!

Hard at work scoring those AQTs!!

CONGRATULATIONS MADHATTER!!!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

Rattle Head

Hi, this is Eric. It was my first event. Had an amazing time. Looking forward to signing up for future events to continue working on the skills we were taught.

I have a lot of respect for all the instructors and the organization overall. Absolutely top notch and so helpful and courteous. Can't say good things.

I'll be back for sure!

Superheat

Quote from: Rattle Head on October 02, 2020, 11:13:14 PM
Hi, this is Eric. It was my first event. Had an amazing time. Looking forward to signing up for future events to continue working on the skills we were taught.

I have a lot of respect for all the instructors and the organization overall. Absolutely top notch and so helpful and courteous. Can't say good things.

I'll be back for sure!

It was great to meet you sir.  Check out the Lapeer event coming up in November.  It is .22Lr only, but always a good time.

T. WOLF

Looks like a great event.  I gotta know... Who did the aerial photography??  O0
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

ThreadNLead "TL"

Quote from: T. WOLF on October 23, 2020, 10:48:29 AM
Looks like a great event.  I gotta know... Who did the aerial photography??  O0

One of the students brought their drone! You'd know him if you saw him.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

Fidget