News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfeild IL, Sept 26/27 2020

Started by Chewie, September 29, 2020, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

Thanks to the ISRA to hosting us this year, glad we were able to get a shoot this year with everything going on. Ended up with 26 shooters on the line, had to change plans around little and run a relay. The shooters greatly improved throughout the weekend, ending with 4 new rifleman and 3 re-quals along with interest from 3 new Orange hats (waiting for them to join the forum  :~ :---)

Both mornings were not what was expected weather wise but both afternoons were beautiful and we were able to just roll along. Thank you to ChuckA and Morpheus for their help, instruction, and story telling.

Looking forward to next year.
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

ChuckA

Great Weekend,

Thanks Chewie, Morpheus, and all the shooters! Hope to work with our new orange hats soon.
NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer and Life member

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms. 1st Draft of the VA Constitution by T. Jefferson

Paladin223

A great weekend of history and marksmanship.  The instruction was excellent and the shooters responded.  The Saturday morning and evening Red Coats showed phenomena improvement.  Thanks to Chewy, Chucka, Tom no name and Morpheus from afar.  I want to congratulate my relay partner Zenas on his rifleman patch as well as all the other new rifleman.  It was an especially great weekend considering the situation this year.  Personally, making a distinguished score on my approximately two and a half minute Down-N-Dirty AQT made all the aches and pains on this body feel a little better.  Looking forward to the next years' season.  Thanks instructors for all the work.