News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lost a good one

Started by jmdavis, September 24, 2020, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

I just found out the other day that crashkid2k (Senior Instructor from 2008-20XX)had passed away. We taught a number of events together and he or I shoot bossed every Ramseur RBC in from summer of 2009 - end of 2011.

Crash was younger than me and we still talked irregularly on social media, mostly sarcastic jibes. I will miss him.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

colonial shooter

Sad to hear! He was a great guy. He will be missed!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

scuzzy

Rest in Peace brother rifleman. Praying you are in the hands of our Lord and Savior now.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

The Wolfhound

A name I heard many times but regrettably not a person I met.  We are losing folks who got this program rolling.

CarrollMS

RIP Crashkid2k

It think it would be appropriate to have a memorial area in the forum where we can pay tribure to those volunteers in good standing who have passed over

Forum Handle  - name - state - rank - dates of service
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

hawkeye

I'm sorry to see Crash go, We had some good times at Ramseur. I miss seeing the older guys that use to work Appleseeds. The good old days.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

jmdavis

Quote from: hawkeye on September 29, 2020, 09:40:36 AM
I'm sorry to see Crash go, We had some good times at Ramseur. I miss seeing the older guys that use to work Appleseeds. The good old days.

Me too Hawkeye. The first time I shot at Ramseur in 2008, I met Crash, you, Wildman, Boltgun71, Lawson, Keaton, Junior Birdman, Dragonwood, Talon, Matt and Jen, along with Canonman, Sgt. Cap, and a few more. I hope you are well. 
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

hawkeye

Wildman, Lawson, Keaton and I are doing well. Thank You . We are still doing the field shoots, the schedule is on the Home Range area of the boards. Keaton and Lawson work together at Ft. Bragg and loving Life!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

sleepy

Streets of Heaven are safe....but in America perhaps a little less now....

How many riflemen do we have to nurture to fill the gap?